USCBP - Pt Huron Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Happened to be listening this morning and caught USCBP running some plates on BPCOM (2275) however they were referring to it as HQ1. There was also mention of 'the other radio'... as in, there was a unit calling in for a radio check. He would say "61 calling for a radio check on 800... Anyone copy me on HQ1?". After getting a response as asked if anyone heard him on the other radio, to which the reply was "no I only heard you here on 800".

Any idea what the 'other radio' might be?

ecps92

Likely something in the 162-174 Band.
This is generally where Customs, Border Patrol and Immigration have generally operated, unless using someones systems (such as BPCOM)

Depending on the area, they could still be Analog, but many regions are already P25.
Encryption will vary

Happened to be listening this morning and caught USCBP running some plates on BPCOM (2275) however they were referring to it as HQ1. There was also mention of 'the other radio'... as in, there was a unit calling in for a radio check. He would say "61 calling for a radio check on 800... Anyone copy me on HQ1?". After getting a response as asked if anyone heard him on the other radio, to which the reply was "no I only heard you here on 800".

Any idea what the 'other radio' might be?

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Ah... thanks! Now that you mention it, I do recall hearing them on VHF before. I assumed they mainly used MPSCS these days but apparently VHF is still in play too. From what I recall before I think half the conversations were encrypted (dispatch was clear).

ecps92

See what you find, and post back.
Freq and Tones (PL or NAC)

Ah... thanks! Now that you mention it, I do recall hearing them on VHF before. I assumed they mainly used MPSCS these days but apparently VHF is still in play too. From what I recall before I think half the conversations were encrypted (dispatch was clear).

Status
Not open for further replies.