USCG HH-60J frequency card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
This card is from HH-60J 6019, a Clearwater, FL based Coast Guard bird. Number 11 on the list is AUTEC OPS, I have learned. If only I had leaned in an inch farther! Taken at the Clearwater Airpark Open House back in June.

Attachments

• 6019s.jpg
    6019s.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 1,048

CORN

Premium Subscriber
Intresting that the only UHF freq they have listed on the card is with the Airstation Clearwater. That is OPS i'm assuming. So i guess they use VHF for ATC regularly. Thanks for sharing that pic.

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
Thats a nice clean list... But I wonder how hard it is to read while the bird is flying???

md_p97

The 121.000 is obviously Nassau approach....as for the "TAF" freq's...my guess is they are "CTAF" or Common Traffic Advisory Frequency" it is similar to Unicomm, and often the frequencies are one and the same at a given airport. CTAF is generally maintained by the local airports FBO and is used for parking, fuel, airport advisory, etc...

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
md_p97 said:
The 121.000 is obviously Nassau approach....as for the "TAF" freq's...my guess is they are "CTAF" or Common Traffic Advisory Frequency" it is similar to Unicomm, and often the frequencies are one and the same at a given airport. CTAF is generally maintained by the local airports FBO and is used for parking, fuel, airport advisory, etc...

Yes, I had all those figured out except for the -UTEC, which is AUTEC I've been told.

DanHenry

FM24 is actually marine VHF ch 81

J. R.,

Nice clear photo.

24 FM CH24 157.075 caught my eye.

16, 21, 22, and 23 are all common VHF marine freqs that I'd expect to find programmed into a helo. But marine channel 24 is a marine operator for phone patches. It turns out that the 157.075 is actually marine vhf channel 81.

Channel 81 is for US gov. use only. The local Eglin AFB range complex uses ch 81, 157.075 as a backup for Wolfcall controlling live fire ops.

If I was a betting man it should probably be listed on the card as:

24 FM CH81 157.075

-Dan

Edit: WIKI link to marine freqs. http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Marine

Last edited:

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
DanHenry said:
24 FM CH24 157.075 caught my eye.

I was wondering if anyone else was going to catch that! The day I took the photo I plugged the marine FM's into my scanner, including "Ch 24." Then just the other day I was going over some postings about activity on Ch 81 (Gov't only) 157.075, so I verified that I had that freq. in my scanner. I did, and I had it tagged as "Ch 24." I wondered why the heck I had it tagged as "24" and then I remembered that I had taken that description directly off of the frequency card. Nice catch, Dan!

cristisphoto

abqscan said:
Thats a nice clean list... But I wonder how hard it is to read while the bird is flying???

As a vet whim has Flown a seaby

It aint that hard actually
Btwn training and it becoming routine..
You get used to it
Crista

jrmarlowe said:
I was wondering if anyone else was going to catch that! The day I took the photo I plugged the marine FM's into my scanner, including "Ch 24." Then just the other day I was going over some postings about activity on Ch 81 (Gov't only) 157.075, so I verified that I had that freq. in my scanner. I did, and I had it tagged as "Ch 24." I wondered why the heck I had it tagged as "24" and then I remembered that I had taken that description directly off of the frequency card. Nice catch, Dan!

Well looking back at the card... 21 through 24 are listed as channels 21 through 24.

So they just named it for the channel it is on the card...

24 FM CH24

sflmonitor

Premium Subscriber
I also found the following UHF frequecies for AUTEC Ops: 277.8 and 355.0. I'm going to plug them into my scanner and see if they are active. AUTEC Ops appears to be around Andros Island, Bahamas.

Status
Not open for further replies.