USCG Lear in Western Mass

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4UYV_Al

USCG Lear jet spotted today make several 5 mile finals for runway #26 in Pittsfield, didnt have my radio with me but seems odd to be that far away from water.lol.. Anyone hear anything?

jfr

Indeed I did!! Late in the morning, I heard CG-2129 make a touch-and-go at KORH (Worcester). It's an HU-25C+ out of CGAS Cape Cod. The female pilot made mention of heading to Fitchburg to do the same. Maybe she said Pittsfield??. Shortly after the TAG, a male voice came up on VHF Marine Ch 81 and called for Chesapeake. I'm not sure if they were calling a Cutter by that name or if they were calling CAMSLANT, which is in Chesepeake. I had him booming loud so I know it had to be that AC, as I don't get much traffic on the Marine channels being 50 miles inland!

I was going to post a thread up on ScanCapeCod yesterday, but I never got around to it. Imagine my surprise to see this thread here!
-JR

N4UYV_Al

Thanks for the info JR, it's weird to see them way out this way.. 'Course, if we lived in Kansas & saw them it would be even more outa place...lol

N1BHH

The USCG can operate just about anywhere. If you were in Kansas and saw them, it would probably be because they were there for a flood or just about any kind of search and rescue operation. It's never a surprise seeing them anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.