USCG Sector and Station New York Activity

Status
Not open for further replies.

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
Last year we heard some comms on Marine band CH 21A and Station New York P25 repeater almost daily. I don't know if it was my station or not, but in the past few months I have been hearing a lot less communications on both frequencies. Does anyone know if this is a result of the slash of funding to USCG operations? (Please, no political bashing here)

AJAT

Premium Subscriber
It should not have anything to do with the budget cuts. You will not effects of the budget cuts until next fiscal year, and nothing is approved yet. There is talk of moving the NY MSST out of NY and combining it with the Boston MSST, but none of the politicains would let that happen without a fight. Any way the budget has not been offically approved yet, but the Coast Guard is looking at a lot of options for when it is offically approved. Not sure why you aqre hearing less activity.

Chris

ecps92

Most of the Activity [atleast Boston, Northern and Southern New England] has moved to the new VHF LMR channels There has been some limited UHF reported, but the A/C are now even starting to pop up on the VHF LMR and there has been a significant decrease in the VHF Marine Traffic

Last year we heard some comms on Marine band CH 21A and Station New York P25 repeater almost daily. I don't know if it was my station or not, but in the past few months I have been hearing a lot less communications on both frequencies. Does anyone know if this is a result of the slash of funding to USCG operations? (Please, no political bashing here)

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
Will give a try on the VHF LMR and UHF channels.

Thanks everyone!

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
Well I took a walk along the shore today with the VHF LMR frequencies programmed up. Sure enough, I heard Station New York again on CG-111 162.325 P25 NAC 293. Station transmissions were encrypted, but boat traffic were in the clear.

FireBuff44

Well I took a walk along the shore today with the VHF LMR frequencies programmed up. Sure enough, I heard Station New York again on CG-111 162.325 P25 NAC 293. Station transmissions were encrypted, but boat traffic were in the clear.

Is 162.325 a repeater or simplex? i have heard encrypted traffic on that as well.

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
Is 162.325 a repeater or simplex? i have heard encrypted traffic on that as well.

Not sure at this point. This frequency was very new to me so I have to listen in more.

ecps92

Good Find. In my Experience CG-11 aka NET-111 etc, is simplex just due to the varying signal strenght from the Craft I monitored last summer at Point Judith RI [Lots of Sector Southern New England use last summer]

Keep an eye/ear on the others, as [experience in Boston has shown] you never know where they might POP UP for an Incident or even Training...

Status
Not open for further replies.