USCG Sector Long Island / Station New Haven Monitoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgranoth

Good Morning all. I'm looking for some help with monitoring USCG Sector Long Island / Station New Haven on my HomePatrol2. I have it programmed correctly, and I will get an alert and the scanner will stop on the channel, but no audio. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Look for a small ENC on your scanner screen next time they TX. USCG has been using a lot of Encryption on the LMR VHF/UHF lately.

ecps92

It could be they are relying more on ENC or even moved Freq's.
Make sure you have them ALL programmed in as P25

Good Morning all. I'm looking for some help with monitoring USCG Sector Long Island / Station New Haven on my HomePatrol2. I have it programmed correctly, and I will get an alert and the scanner will stop on the channel, but no audio. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
OK, thanks. Should I change my mode to ALL instead of P25? Will that help? Thanks again.
If they are using encryption nothing will help. You will never hear them while its encrypted. Thats what the encryption is for.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
It could be they are relying more on ENC or even moved Freq's.
Make sure you have them ALL programmed in as P25
Bill, his scanner alerts on the freq but not passing audio. Since its a Uniden, that pretty much means its encrypted. Verification would be when he observes that nifty little ENC on the screen.

mgranoth

Bill, his scanner alerts on the freq but not passing audio. Since its a Uniden, that pretty much means its encrypted. Verification would be when he observes that nifty little ENC on the screen.
I've never actually noticed the ENC on the screen. I have locked on the channel and received alerts, but not seen the ENC. I will have to keep an eye on it. Thanks for your help.

ecps92

Missed that part, Thanks, Yup, it is likely because they are using more and more ENC
Keep forgetting that Uniden does that [GRE/Whistler guy]

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Yeah if it was an GRE/Whistler he would get his ears blasted with digital buzz/screech.

mgranoth

So I've been watching the screen and the HomePatrol II does not show ENC on any of the channels. It will stop scanning and loiter on the channel but no audio and no ENC.

ecps92

Which Specific CG-xxx channel ?
Some are used by other agencies, with different tones/NAC's - could be one near-by or even Cable TV interference locking up the Scan
So I've been watching the screen and the HomePatrol II does not show ENC on any of the channels. It will stop scanning and loiter on the channel but no audio and no ENC.

hill

Premium Subscriber
As said in another post on this tread the Stations use a high site most of the time and not the local antenna at the unit. In our area it's the same issue if the local station is on a distant site you have issues receiving it.

See the link below with list of the high sites (remote fixed facility RFF in Rescue 21) by Sector.

Status
Not open for further replies.