Uscg Sector New York

Status
Not open for further replies.

BFIFM790

Hello Everybody......

Im aware of the regulars like 16 and 22A, but does anyone know the frequencies that USCG Sector NY utlilzes for its operations?

Thanks in advance.

hill

Premium Subscriber
Most CG Sectors and Stations under them use VHF-FM Marine Channels listed as U.S. Coast Guard. I will list the Channels again in this post and the freqs for each channel can be found on link in the other post in this tread. I don't which of these channels are used by SEC NY, since they rotate by Sectors. The are rotated, to lessen the problems by the Sectors close by.

Channel 21A
Channel 23A
Channel 83A
Sometimes channel 81A is used also.

One of these marine channels should be used by SEC NY and one will be used by the Small Boat Stations that report to the Sector. The best thing to do would be enter all into your scanner and see what you hear. Have the ability to go DVP secure on these channels. After you find out which ones are used in your area post on this forum. May not receive the vessel side unless a good antenna or close to the water. You could also put in the LANT freqs into the scanner, as I know some of them are used in law enforcement. I haven't heard anything in my local area on LANT channels in years, but people in other areas have reported use on them.

hill

Premium Subscriber
Should have study the link on marine freqs in NYC area before my other post. It is listed as Sector NY uses channel 21A (157.050 MHz). Still try all CG channels, since the Groups listed on the link will no longer be around with the CG going to Sectors. Plus a Sector has a bigger area.

Status
Not open for further replies.