USCG Sector Seattle, NET 112. acitivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stavro35

I have been monitoring a training event on USCG Net 112 (163.050) from my home in Bainbridge island Washington . . Most of the traffic is encrypted. I do hear clear voice enough to want to "sit on" the action.

Callsigns heard are "Romeo" and "Lumberjack" Does anyone have any information on who these might be?

CalebATC

Not sure what that would be. Sometimes with the USCG, the callsighn stays the same with the same exact aircraft.

Is this a newly discovered frequency, or just more action than usual? What mode are you using (Guessing FM) and is there a PL tone?

Sorry I couldn't help!
Caleb

madhatter66

Sounds like a cutter out in the sound doing their flight ops certs... The are the ones that use call signs like that, and they will use encrypted with the helo, but will also talk in the clear... Without knowing what you were hearing in the clear I wouldn't have any further info... But using call signs like that sounds like shipboard air ops...

Stavro35

It's not new

Not sure what that would be. Sometimes with the USCG, the callsighn stays the same with the same exact aircraft.

Is this a newly discovered frequency, or just more action than usual? What mode are you using (Guessing FM) and is there a PL tone?

Sorry I couldn't help!
Caleb

Caleb
Greetings. it's not a new frequency. There are "new" frequencies used by the coast guard these days,this being one of them. Coast guard stations along the east coast use various frequencies/channel designators
in this range. .. Brunswick Georgia had for years. And I didn't know it when I lived down there. I didn't have a digital scanner like I do now.

Stavro35

Sounds like a cutter out in the sound doing their flight ops certs... The are the ones that use call signs like that, and they will use encrypted with the helo, but will also talk in the clear... Without knowing what you were hearing in the clear I wouldn't have any further info... But using call signs like that sounds like shipboard air ops...

Basically what I heard sounded like training in the event of a chase on the waterways in which orders were given for the vessel to stop or they would be fired upon . Followed by (This is a drill, this is a drill)

CalebATC

Caleb
Greetings. it's not a new frequency. There are "new" frequencies used by the coast guard these days,this being one of them. Coast guard stations along the east coast use various frequencies/channel designators
in this range. .. Brunswick Georgia had for years. And I didn't know it when I lived down there. I didn't have a digital scanner like I do now.

Oh, ok. Like I said, I don't know much about USCG. I am guessing the USCG would be similar to CBP though, along the lines of communication.

Caleb

Status
Not open for further replies.