USCG St Petersburg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky19053

Premium Subscriber
I'm handing off a Uniden BCT8 to my grand kids in Pinellas county who are looking to monitor the USCG operations out of St Petersburg. We're using Advance Radio Control software to program. Does anyone have a saved file that they be willing to share using ACR software with all the hot frequencies or could someone guild us the process?
Really appreciate the help.

Last edited:

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
Just a quick note of caution:
The BCT-8 will only be able to monitor the Coast Guard on normal marine channels, specifically 21,22,23,81.82 83 and others.

You will not be able to monitor the Coast Guard operations channels outside the marine band, as they are P-25 digital.

You will also miss out on any USCG air operations in the UHF military air bands, as the BCT-8 won't tune there.

- Chris

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; SPH-L710 Build/JZO54K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

And even if it could monitor P25, you'd still miss the action. Most of their comms are encrypted.

ngel

USCG

I have 163.050 programmed into my scanner and for a while the Dispatch side was P25 in the clear , but recent monitoring has them back encrypted any one else notice this? Also what other P25 frequencies are any of you copying out of USCG sector St Pete? Feel free to PM me if need be.

I do hear dispatch quite frequently and daily on the VHF marine channels 157.100 and 157.050. From my location i almost never hear the boats only dispatch.

KK4LQX

Premium Subscriber
I have 163.050 programmed into my scanner and for a while the Dispatch side was P25 in the clear , but recent monitoring has them back encrypted any one else notice this? Also what other P25 frequencies are any of you copying out of USCG sector St Pete? Feel free to PM me if need be.

I do hear dispatch quite frequently and daily on the VHF marine channels 157.100 and 157.050. From my location i almost never hear the boats only dispatch.

163.050 MHz is CG 112.
157.100 MHz is Marine CH 22A
157.050 MHz is Marine CH 21A

The most likely reason you are hearing the Sector or Station (what you referred to as dispatch) and not the small boat or cutter is that the watch standers are likely talking to the underway asset using the Rescue 21 which has antennas mounted on towers so their range is much greater than that of the underway asset. They radios that are used by Rescue 21 are also most likely transmitting at a higher power than that of the underway asset. So the power, height and gain of the Rescue 21 system make it able to reach out and touch someone much better than the underway asset ever could.

Status
Not open for further replies.