Use BC796D to monitor Madison County Trunked System

Status
Not open for further replies.

smoke744

Premium Subscriber
I seem to have imported and uploaded all the frequencies and talk groups for Madison County but not hearing anything. I am getting the data frequency fine. Any thoughts on this?

Last edited:

RBMTS

Madison County is a P25 digital system. Do you know for a fact that your 796 has the digital card installed? Not all 796's came with the digital card included. If you bought it used, the original owner might not have included it. Just a thought.

smoke744

Premium Subscriber
Madison County is a P25 digital system. Do you know for a fact that your 796 has the digital card installed? Not all 796's came with the digital card included. If you bought it used, the original owner might not have included it. Just a thought.
yes it worked for many years on their system and as they made changes i just didnt keep up. i can recieve KSP and others that require the card just fine.

Charlie1068

Premium Subscriber
Yes, DE means full encryption if it has a lower case e it’s partial encryption. I do a lot of scanning on the Madison county system. Police for the most part is encrypted Fire, EMS and the schools are on the system and are in the clear. Make sure the north system is the one that is programmed in as the north is where all the traffic is transmitted to.

smoke744

Premium Subscriber
Yes, DE means full encryption if it has a lower case e it’s partial encryption. I do a lot of scanning on the Madison county system. Police for the most part is encrypted Fire, EMS and the schools are on the system and are in the clear. Make sure the north system is the one that is programmed in as the north is where all the traffic is transmitted to.

i think I have it running now. wont knwo for sure for a few days. I am plugged into the north system....i miss my Unity radio lol...

Charlie1068

Premium Subscriber
Traffic on the system is usually pretty active if you have any more questions about the system let me know. I hope it all works well

Status
Not open for further replies.