Use iPod AC Adaptor w/iScan 107 USB Cable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwh

So I'm stitting here plugging up my iPhone to charge using the supplied Apple AC adaptor and I got to thinking - why not just use the iPod adaptor with the iScan 107 USB cable to charge the batteries?

I'm too chicken to give it a try and potentially ruin a new scanner. Has anyone tried this yet? Any idea why it wouldn't work?

pogbobo

USB is standardized, you should be good to go as long as apple or GRE didnt wander outside of those specs

if you have a multimeter you can double check if the iphone ac adapter is putting out 5V

also you can check in the iscan manual to see what it calls for for chaging, but the iphone adapter should be 5V and iirc it does 1A which should be more than enough

but don't go by my comments, and don't blame me if you fry your scanner hahaha

Billknn

Premium Subscriber
Usb

I use a "generic" usb wall-wart adapter with mine, probably just like your ipod. It works fine. I also have a generic usb cigarette lighter adapter in my truck which also works fine for charging the Iscan.

Bill K

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
I use a "generic" usb wall-wart adapter with mine, probably just like your ipod. It works fine. I also have a generic usb cigarette lighter adapter in my truck which also works fine for charging the Iscan.

Bill K

and Radio Shack sells both items also.

twhitson

I've plugged lots of stuff into my apple USB block, and they all worked fine. Interestingly enough, my iPhone USB cable will not charge the iPhone on anything but a genuine USB port or an Apple charging block. It won't even charge on the USB ports on the dumb terminal I use at work; just a PC USB port. Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.