User of 464.7750 MHz in North Jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joseph11

Does anyone know who uses a repeater in North Jersey on 464.7750 MHz? I do not have the PL/DPL, but I do know the mobiles use GE-STAR. Thanks.

SCANdal

Silent Key
Wre847

Joe,

As per Scanner Master's Edition 7...Rutgers is using that frequency at the Busch Campus Housing for engineering purposes.

SCANdal

robbinsj2

SCANdal said:
As per Scanner Master's Edition 7...Rutgers is using that frequency at the Busch Campus Housing for engineering purposes.

I've been trying for about 5-6 months now to reconfirm this housing channel; the license expired a couple years ago and I have heard a lot on that frequency, but nothing with the old codes I have noted (I think D031, but maybe 103.5) and nothing with a different tone/code but which sounds like them. I'm also waiting to see if Housing shows up on Rutgers' new Services channel.

There are many active licenses for this frequency; within Mercer/Middlesex/Somerset counties alone I see 4 different repeaters, 2 for base/mobiles, and 2 for mobiles only. Add all the other north NJ counties plus NYC, and the count naturally goes up significantly. A PL or DPL and content type may go a long way towards helping identify it.

Jim

Joseph11

I was actually on my bus going to my high school when I heard it coming from the buses radio. On the way home, it was still coming over the buses radio, but I couldn't get it from home. All I could tell, from listening, is that they were using a repeater and the units on it had GE-STAR.

Status
Not open for further replies.