Users in the Erie Area... Speak Up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eriepascannist

Premium Subscriber
I live in the Ripley, NY area and enjoy scanning all around Erie County. I see that there are lots of active posters in central PA, but I don't often see much from the northwestern part of the state. I saw a thread similar to this from down in Mercer county and thought it would be fun to see who I can dig up.

So, if there's anyone reading this in the area of Erie or Crawford counties, let's see you! Where in general are you from? What freqs/agencies do you like to listen to? Do you listen to/check in to skywarn nets? Have you heard anything interesting lately?

I would love to hear from you!Users in the Erie Area... Speak Up!
I live in the Ripley, NY area and enjoy scanning all around Erie County. I see that there are lots of active posters in central PA, but I don't often see much from the northwestern part of the state. I saw a thread similar to this from down in Mercer county and thought it would be fun to see who I can dig up.

So, if there's anyone reading this in the area of Erie or Crawford counties, let's see you! Where in general are you from? What freqs/agencies do you like to listen to? Do you listen to/check in to skywarn nets? Have you heard anything interesting lately?

I would love to hear from you!

ekim223

Crawford County listener

I live down in Crawford county, near Blooming Valley. From my location i can listen in to alot of Erie County, Warren, Venango, Mercer counties, along with some OH & NY agencies.

eriepascannist

Premium Subscriber
Wow, sounds like some good wide-area reception from down there. We don't get down there all that often, so I'm not real familiar with the agencies. I did used to listen to the Crawford SkyWarn nets via internet stream here on RR, but the feed isn't there anymore.

kg4pbd

I haven't lived in Erie since 1984, but Erie is where I started out monitoring in the early 70's. I remember my first tunable radio, I could tune it right between Erie PD (before they went to uhf) and Millcreek PD, and hear both agencies fine.

I appreciate the folks up there that are providing the feeds, it's been interesting to hear how things have changed, and how some things haven't changed. I do miss hearing West Ridge dispatched as West Ridge, Company 46 just isn't the same! 33.98 was a great frequency then as you could hear all of Erie county and even Crawford county's dispatch. Crawford county had the cool, dual dtmf tones that sounded like "Emergency".

Status
Not open for further replies.