USFS LE in R8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paysonscanner

5 of you requested a copy of the info via email. I just sent the last 3, where I had copied or typed the address incorrectly, with corrected addresses. I haven't gotten any rejects back. I got BigLebowski's and DannyM86's addresses right the 1st time. 40% success the first try is lousy. None the less you should all have a copy by now,

Shawnlin20

Premium Subscriber
5 of you requested a copy of the info via email. I just sent the last 3, where I had copied or typed the address incorrectly, with corrected addresses. I haven't gotten any rejects back. I got BigLebowski's and DannyM86's addresses right the 1st time. 40% success the first try is lousy. None the less you should all have a copy by now,
Would you send me the info as well please.

Paysonscanner

Would you send me the info as well please.

I'm Paysonscanners father. Unfortunately she is in Phoenix in a hospital. She caught some sort of respiratory infection just after Christmas. It is not diagnosed at this time and she isn't getting better. None of the treatments have lasted. Nobody she was around during Christmas is sick, but some were just getting over pretty bad colds. I don't know how to find the info you have asked about. I don't know how long she will be down before getting better, but when she can she can send you what you want.

p1879

We are very appreciative of her good works, and especially her love of our hallowed public lands. Hope her health and strength returns shorty and she is home soon. Best of wishes and sending kilowatts of positive energy for her recovery.
p1879

Paysonscanner

We are very appreciative of her good works, and especially her love of our hallowed public lands. Hope her health and strength returns shorty and she is home soon. Best of wishes and sending kilowatts of positive energy for her recovery.
p1879

Hope She feels better and gets well real soon !!!!!

Thank you for your kind words! Blush, blush. I picked up an infection that did not grow in a culture after 72 hours. So we were forced to treat it symptomatically. I was given IV antibiotics and had to be in patient for more than half the days. I finally convinced them to let me stay at my brother and sister-in-law's place in the Phoenix area. I'm a retired R.N. so they let me administer the IV's myself. The bug juice was really powerful and killed a lot of good bacteria. It really wiped me out! I spent another two and a half weeks at their place to build my strength back as well as live at a lower elevation for awhile. I'm glad that this all happened before the Coronavirus outbreak, so that we didn't have to test or think about it. Then I get back home and we have had internet issues. My late hubby had wired everything for my parents about 5 years ago, but the router could not handle 1 gig service we signed up for and it gradually shut down the old router after it started streaming into the house. Hubby would have been right on top of it, getting the best router for the lowest price, yada yada. It was hard to watch a tech take apart my Hubby's work. I miss him so much. We were together for 40 years and I treasure that so much!

I will PM those of you that asked for a copy of the USFS R8 radio info. Sorry for the delay.

Paysonscanner

p1879

My Dad's career with the U.S. Forest Service made me very public land oriented. As a family, we traveled to some great remote areas all across the west. I was 10 when my parents took me on a backpacking trip to "The Maze" in what is now Canyonlands National Park. Then I met my late husband, who was a remote area/backpacking/fishing lover. We traveled all over the west visiting blank areas on road maps and the dark spots shown on night satellite maps of the U.S. Along the way, anyone picks up a a love/concern for our public lands. I don't like to get too political, but U.S. federal public lands are under assault right now. So is the National Environmental Policy Act. The cuts being endured by the federal public land agencies are paralyzing them. The color on the maps for National Forests might be green, but the USFS is to the point where they can't manage them. It's really sad. My dad is really upset, saying he worked for three and a half decades for the USFS and is watching the demise of the agency and the lands they manage. Sad!

I'll get down off the soapbox now. I really hate getting on it, but Dad and I have seen 3 things this weekend that are really hard to witness.

EZlistener

Premium Subscriber
Congratulations on your and your Dad's service to public lands. I am in Region 8 which is an area particularly rich in FS managed woodlands. I would appreciate receiving your info on USFS LE in R8 (only), and will keep it private. I can share with you some other files of USFS R8 radio stuff if you wish, and I would ask similar consideration. I hope your health continues to improve.

Paysonscanner

Congratulations on your and your Dad's service to public lands. I am in Region 8 which is an area particularly rich in FS managed woodlands. I would appreciate receiving your info on USFS LE in R8 (only), and will keep it private. I can share with you some other files of USFS R8 radio stuff if you wish, and I would ask similar consideration. I hope your health continues to improve.

Thanks, late Hubby and I didn't perform service for public lands for careers, but we sure spent a lot of time exploring them. My Daddy fit the service to public lands label. I'm a retired registered nurse and my late husband was a civil engineer for a small California, Sierra Nevada county. We both served the public and did so for nearly 39 years. I inherited my father's love of remote places. Hubby got his after some early backpack trips as a Boy Scout, fishing trips his parents took him on as soon as he could walk and loving rivers. Most of this in the Sierra. We both were involved in public land management as citizens making comments/writing letters on land management issues. We also picked up a big load of litter over the years, fixed dozens of signs and did some volunteer trail maintenance for the USFS and NPS.

The national forests of the eastern and southern U.S. were established under the Weeks Act of 1911. A lot of the land was clear cut and eroding when the USFS purchased it. Late Hubby and I have run the Chattooga and Ocoee Rivers, once in rafts and once in kayaks. We never got the chance to backpack there. The Chattooga trip was after we spent 2 weeks at the 1996 Atlanta Olympics.

My health is pretty good, no long term damage from the mysterious infection I had after Christmas. Getting back to 100% is a slow process. I've been told I have to wait 6-12 months before considering going back to work due to the COVID-19 pandemic. I have my parents to take care of anyway. Both are in their early 90's and need the care of an RN. I live with them, which keeps them out of a skilled nursing facility. They have some great physicians, who are enthusiastic about keeping them at home with my help.

I'll sent you a PM with my email address. I will reply to your email and attach the R8 info I have. It is not necessarily current and isn't extensive. It covers just parts of two states. I would love to see whatever info you have for R8, my Daddy has very little and my late Hubby wasn't able to get much. There are a lot of maps downloaded from the internet and some frequency lists from about 2011-2016. Neither had any connections in the eastern U.S., Hubby had some R5 connections due to his job and Daddy had some in Arizona and New Mexico (R3) for a decade or two after his retirement in the late 80's. The fire workload in R8 and R9 was not high compared to the west, so they didn't seem to publish a lot of radio info at a time it wasn't hidden from the public.

Status
Not open for further replies.