USFS Sequoia NF frequency change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colton25

Does anyone know when Sequoia changed the primary dispatch frequency? From what I'm hearing Cal Fire (TUU) wasn't even notified of the change. It wasn't until a recent incident that TUU and other local departments were made aware due to communication complications.

ecps92

Saw a recent 205 and Sequoia Ch.02 [Forest Net] might be using a different input than what is in the wiki or the inputs got swapped

Anyone local to validate over-the-air monitoring that
169.9000 R is using either 166.0000 or 165.7000 as the input

silverspy

I've seen two "official" documents of late, that indicate that the inputs are "swapped" as you stated, and one that reads as exactly the opposite. This is all I know about this; I have no way of verifying this. Things would seem to indicate in favor of the former, however, again, I have no way of being certain without feedback from someone else out there.��

silverspy

Also, I just noticed that in the database, things appear to be correct, however the Wiki indicated something different than the database. I didn't notice this until reading your post. ��

ecps92

the wiki was built on an early 205, so I guess the update is correct and the inputs got swapped.

Still would love to get an OTA confirmation tho

Also, I just noticed that in the database, things appear to be correct, however the Wiki indicated something different than the database. I didn't notice this until reading your post. ��

From what I have heard, the USFS is redoing their radio system nationwide. They are changing everything to the lower frequency of a pair as the repeater input and the higher freq is now the output. I haven't heard anything on the old USFS SQF freq's all summer, but am hearing SQF on 170.550, which used to be used by LPF. I'll try listening to the old input freq's on my next days off and see if I hear anything.

clovisb31

SQF monitoring

I have been monitoring SQF for years. I noticed too that they changed frequencies. Programmed in the new channels Only hear traffic on 169.000 (emergency net? ) Dispatcher identifying with "KME740" . Also simulcasting afternoon weather forecasts from 168.9625.

Used to be all kinds of service personnel , maintenance and campsite supervisors on the old channels. Forrest Service Rangers were on the main channel on the old system too. Obviously the database is missing some new frequencies, as I don't think all the above personnel gave up their radios.

Nothing heard yet either on the repeater "input " frequencies.

You would think that the Admin. Channel 168.9625 would be busy with all the Forrest personnel, but it is very quiet, and noisy as if it was relocated to a different site than the prior Admin channel.

I live fairly close to SQF and all channels came in strong and clear in the past.

Ongoing mystery I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.