USIFR/USVFR supplements?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kma371

QRT
Does anyone have the last USIFRSUP_PDF or USVFR_SUP.PDF they issued?

I know they don't issue them anymore, but the one I have saved is from Nov 2005. I'm pretty sure there is one after that.

Pennywise

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
IFR Sups

Are you talking about the IFR books with the white covers? I heard tell that they were supposed to be canceling public access to them, if they can still be had, please give me an address where I can get one. Thanks

kma371

QRT
They did cancel access, they were available via PDF online, but like I said, I have one from 2005. I think they stopped in 2006

Pennywise

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
That's a shame, those IFRs were the best thing going, I guess all this post 9/11 terrorist paranoia made the powers that be feeling that such books contained TMI, Thanks for enlightening me.

K4DHR

Are you referring to the DOD supplements (ones that contain the IR/VR routes, refueling routes, etc)? Or are you referring to the mid-cycle IAP updates?

kma371

QRT
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

SkipSanders said:
Try here:

KLRF Student Resources : Docs/Pubs/Forms

Current FLIPS, including the IFR/VFR suppliments, and lots of other stuff. Browse through the whole site for a lot of aircraft related info.

Those are exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

I was at the understanding they weren't published anymore.

SkipSanders

Silent Key
Oh, they're published, obviously. Just not supposed to be freely available to all, anymore, as we the people cannot be trusted.

The site producer apparently has official access, and is under the impressison that they ARE available on the web, so he includes them. We won't tell him, right? He does note on the page that another program he DOES know is 'not public' isn't available without a password from him.

I'd grab, before he finds out he's wrong, and passwords the FLIP's, too.

rmiller818

Just curious, is there a reason you wanted those specifically instead of just getting an AFD and approach plates?

kma371

QRT
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

rmiller818 said:
Just curious, is there a reason you wanted those specifically instead of just getting an AFD and approach plates?

Cause these are free and it's a heck of a lot easier to search a PDF on a PC then it is to search a book by hand.

Last edited:

kma371

QRT
Oh, they're published, obviously. Just not supposed to be freely available to all, anymore, as we the people cannot be trusted.

The site producer apparently has official access, and is under the impressison that they ARE available on the web, so he includes them. We won't tell him, right? He does note on the page that another program he DOES know is 'not public' isn't available without a password from him.

I'd grab, before he finds out he's wrong, and passwords the FLIP's, too.

great. Thanks for pointing me in right direction.

rmiller818

Cause these are free and it's a heck of a lot easier to search a PDF on a PC then it is to search a book by hand.

I gotcha, didn't know if there was something really big I was missing. Free is always nice.

kma371

QRT

rmiller818 said:

I gotcha, didn't know if there was something really big I was missing. Free is always nice.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.