Using 2 signal repeater/booster with the same antenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veronica71

I ordered a 2100mhz signal repeater/booster from Aliexpress recently. And I want to buy a 900mhz one in the future. The question is can I use them with the same antenna via a splitter?

anten.png

This is the 2100mhz booster that I ordered: 30.97US $ 25% OFF|Oserjep Dcs 1800mhz Gsm 1800 2g 4g Lte Cell Phone Signal Repeater Booster Mobile Phone Signal Amplifier + Indoor Outdoor Antenna - Signal Boosters - AliExpress
1657967310307.png

This is the splitter that I am suspicious about it is going to work: 12.99US $ |N Female 1 To 2 Way Power Splitter 800-2500mhz Signal Booster Divider - Connectors - AliExpress

1657967337152.png

(sorry about the grammar I am not native)

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
You probably could, but it is probably not going to work well.

The splitter is going to take what signal you do get, and send half to one port and half to the other. That means only half of the received signal is going to make it to either amplifier. Since you already have a signal issue, taking what little you can pull in from your external antenna and cutting it in half is not going to help.

If you used a diplexer, rather than a splitter, it would at least send the 2100MHz signal to the 2100MHz amplifier and the 900MHz signal to the 900MHz amplifier.
Problem is, a diplexer like that is probably going to be costly.

Also, your antenna would need to be designed to work on 2100MHz -and- 900MHz.

It will work better, and likely be less expensive, to put up two separate antennas, one for 2100MHz feeding the 2100MHz amp, and another antenna for 900MHz feeding the 900MHz amp. Make sure you get antennas that are designed to work on those bands.

As for your English grammar, it is very good. Much better than some native English speakers.

Veronica71

You probably could, but it is probably not going to work well.

The splitter is going to take what signal you do get, and send half to one port and half to the other. That means only half of the received signal is going to make it to either amplifier. Since you already have a signal issue, taking what little you can pull in from your external antenna and cutting it in half is not going to help.

If you used a diplexer, rather than a splitter, it would at least send the 2100MHz signal to the 2100MHz amplifier and the 900MHz signal to the 900MHz amplifier.
Problem is, a diplexer like that is probably going to be costly.

Also, your antenna would need to be designed to work on 2100MHz -and- 900MHz.

It will work better, and likely be less expensive, to put up two separate antennas, one for 2100MHz feeding the 2100MHz amp, and another antenna for 900MHz feeding the 900MHz amp. Make sure you get antennas that are designed to work on those bands.

As for your English grammar, it is very good. Much better than some native English speakers.
Thank you very much for helping me out and your compliment. You are so kind :) Two separate antennas make more sense as you said. Actually, I want to build the antenna by myself. Biquad antennas look simple to make. What do you think about this design? Could you please examine it, if you don't mind. Double BiQuad sector antenna for IMT 2100 MHz / 3G / HSUPA / HSDPA / HSPA+ / LTE

And there is another one built by Andrew Mcneil:
The good thing about this antenna is it works at different frequencies at the same time. Mr. Andrew shows it with signal analyzer.

1658055903007.png

Veronica71

What exactly are you trying to achieve with the boosters? Is this for extending WiFi or cell phone or TV signals?
For extending cell phone signals. I don't have reception in the house. I am on vacation in the village house. I have reception at some spots so I bought the amplifier. My goal was to take that signal and amplify it with a booster. But it didn't work at all. It has problems. Coax is looking so bad. And there is an oscillation(signal loop) issue because there is not enough distance or isolation between two antennas(indoor and outdoor antennas).

So what I have done: I first tried another amplifier but that one didn't work at all too. After that, I ordered quality coax, a crimp tool and some connectors. I will build a double biquad antenna(hopefully I can build it nicely) And I will give it a try again. If I manage to solve the oscillation problem and signal reception problem hopefully booster will work.

If you want to help me please take a look at this thread: Double-biquad antenna with lips construction, which one is correct dimensions?

I forget to mention that I didn't buy 2 band version, I bought 2100mhz single-band version.

Status
Not open for further replies.