Using a BCD396XT with Pro96 Com

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka4bni

Feed Provider
I just purchased a new BCD396XT and have downloaded Pro96 Com and I'm trying to decode a control channel on a local P-25 trunked system.
I was able to use the software with my old Radio Shack Pro-96 handheld, but I do not know how to get my new Uniden into decode mode for the Pro96 Com software to use it. I have the Uniden programming cable and have programmed the scanner with Arc-XT.
I downloaded the user manual for Pro96 Com and they have setup instructions for every scanner except the 396XT and the 996XT.
Any help would be appreciated,

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I would be willing to bet you need to turn control channel output on. That would be Settings > Set C - Ch output

A caution - make sure to turn this back off when you're done, as it will prevent the scanner from connecting to the PC to work with software like ARC-XT or Freescan

Mike

JANFINE

Premium Subscriber
Control Channel Output

I keep the control channel output set to on all the time. I have no problems using my scanner with ARC-XT or FreeScan.

I would be willing to bet you need to turn control channel output on. That would be Settings > Set C - Ch output

A caution - make sure to turn this back off when you're done, as it will prevent the scanner from connecting to the PC to work with software like ARC-XT or Freescan

Mike

RF23

Premium Subscriber

Mike

I just tired my BCD396XT with Pro96Com and it worked, I then tried to use FreeScan and had no problems. However, I also had heard what Mike said about the "C-Ch output" from other sources than RR several years ago. Perhaps the software has been changed over time to address this problem? I say this since I got my BCD396 the first week of April in 2009 so it has to be one of the first ones (hardware wise).

In fact last night I turned off C-Ch output to make a program change with my 396XT, now I know I don't have to do that any more. Of course there still may some functionality of FreeScan that may not work with "C=Ch output" turned-on. I know "virtual control works" and loading new programing works with C-Ch output turned on but that is all I have tried. TMMV if hardware is also involved or older FreeScan copies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Yes, I *think* - I'm not entirely certain - that FS auto-disables the Control Channel output when it tries to connect. I think it's in the options panel somewhere....Mike

RF23

Premium Subscriber
I decided to check out your theory and tried FreeScan with my 396XT and it did turn off the "C-Ch Output" however, it did not turn it back on when I closed out FreeScan. So when I tried to use Pro96Com later, I had to turn it back on in my 396XT to use Pro96Com.

Status
Not open for further replies.