Using a Blackberry? And scanner noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

keithmj

Saint Petersburg, Pinellas County, Florida
I have a friend that has a Blackberry and he wants to use it to listen to the feeds here but I don't know what he needs to set it up so he can. Any ideas on this or where I might find this info?

Also my BCT15 scanner that I am using for a Fire/EMS feed here keeps sticking on certain channels and has static noise. I am using control channels only and have changed the squelch setting but it still sticks on a channel all the time. I have had all kinds of problems with this scanner and was wondering if others have had this and how they fixed it..Cheers

hvscan

For the BlackbBerry - I use BBScanner and find it to be an excellent app. Gordon (from RR) is great with trouble shooting and releases regular updates. Go to BBScanner.com for a trial download and to register.

csoguy

I agree...I personally have an iPhone 3G but after a buddy at work heard me listening to scanner feeds he asked me if he could do the same on his Blackberry. After searching the internet I came up with the same solution...BBScanner. He purchased it and is very happy with the APP!

KI4VBR

Premium Subscriber
What A Value

Yeah....the purchase is like 5 dollars......make sure you are sittin fat with cash b4 you order....you already missed Santa.

Kidding aside, I love it.....people are, for lack of a better word, amazed at all the different feeds I can get. Of course they want one too, so I plunk down another 5 bucks and we are on our way. In am in Pinellas county and we have a pretty busy set of feeds here and the feeds are dead full quieting.

Sometimes I like to use an earbud or two so I can keep things private, but that will be your choice. When I am out of range or forget my 396xt and I want to listen to Clearwater or something close to home, I can hit my favorites on BB and listen to them no matter where I do.

KI4VBR

Premium Subscriber
Maybe I should get a Blackberry..Any idea as to what the difference would be between the Blackberry and the Verizon LG? Cheers.

I cant really tell you much about the LG, but as far as the BB, there are so many applications available.....I would say it runs a close second to the apple I store or whatever they call it.

Take some time and go online and peruse the BB apps section......you will be there for over an hour looking at everything. The best app there of course is BBScanner. Truthfully if my phone couldnt run BBScanner, I would honestly look at buying a phone that did run it. My mind is whacked when it comes to radios, so take what I say knowing that.

I heard a rumor that Verizon may be announcing their partnership with apple and adding the I-Phone to their list. People will be jumping ship all over the place......me, I am very happy with my BB Storm.

Best of luck to you.....you have so many choices....we are in an age of technology that is running at a super fast pace.

Vince _/|\_ KI4VBR
Palm Harbor, FL

hvscan

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9530/5.0.0.328 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I too use a BB Storm and love BBScanner. I am intrigued by the Droid line and will probably look that way the next time I upgrade (next year). Hopefully Gordon will have a version of BBScanner for the Droid by then.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I cant really tell you much about the LG, but as far as the BB, there are so many applications available.....I would say it runs a close second to the apple I store or whatever they call it.

Take some time and go online and peruse the BB apps section......you will be there for over an hour looking at everything. The best app there of course is BBScanner. Truthfully if my phone couldnt run BBScanner, I would honestly look at buying a phone that did run it. My mind is whacked when it comes to radios, so take what I say knowing that.

I heard a rumor that Verizon may be announcing their partnership with apple and adding the I-Phone to their list. People will be jumping ship all over the place......me, I am very happy with my BB Storm.

Best of luck to you.....you have so many choices....we are in an age of technology that is running at a super fast pace.

Vince _/|\_ KI4VBR
Palm Harbor, FL

This thread is bit old I know, but I have a neighbor who's scanner is older than dirt but his phone isn't. He has a prepaid LG900 and was curious if there are scanner apps (java) that would work for this?

Thanks,
n9zas

intiractive

Also my BCT15 scanner that I am using for a Fire/EMS feed here keeps sticking on certain channels and has static noise. I am using control channels only and have changed the squelch setting but it still sticks on a channel all the time. I have had all kinds of problems with this scanner and was wondering if others have had this and how they fixed it..Cheers

i know this is an old thread, but i didnt see that anyone answered this part of his question. if your scanner has a L/O button on it (lockout), when youre doing a search or scan and come across that channel that it gets hung up on, hit that L/O button and the scanner will skip it from now on.

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
This thread is way over a year old, plus the OP hasn't even logged on for a few months.

Please start a new thread with your questions in the correct forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.