using batteries with the pro 164

Status
Not open for further replies.

stryper2000

I use regular aa akaline batteries with my pro 164. Today the battery indicator flashed(assuming that the batteries were getting low) , and i chaged them to the Radio Shack Digital AA batteries(the red ones that have a little more power than their regular batteries. Now the indicator still flashes as if it is running low(the package was not that old(i had bought them a few months ago).Just curious if anyone else was having this problem. The batteries in their before were standard Rayovac AA batteries

pogbobo

do you have a multimeter to see what the actucal voltage is on them?

kb1awi

I use Energizer Rechargeable NiMH batteries. They are 2500 mAh so they last awhile before they need recharging. When they get low, I put in my alkaline pack (black holder) while my NiMH are charging (about an hour in the pack) and then swap them back in. I have not had any problems with them and they last a few days on a charge.

With the cost of batteries, they pay for them selves in a short time.

Just my two cents worth...

stryper2000 said:
I use regular aa akaline batteries with my pro 164. Today the battery indicator flashed(assuming that the batteries were getting low) , and i chaged them to the Radio Shack Digital AA batteries(the red ones that have a little more power than their regular batteries. Now the indicator still flashes as if it is running low(the package was not that old(i had bought them a few months ago).Just curious if anyone else was having this problem. The batteries in their before were standard Rayovac AA batteries

stryper2000

I kinda fixed it, i took out the battery pack and used regular dc power, then i put the battery pack back in and it seemed fix.

btw I did switch it out so i can used Rechargable batteries now

stryper2000

no , i used the regular aa batteries in the black battery pack, i removed it and used regular power from a dc cable. I have since found some rechargeables i had and am using the rechargeable pack

Status
Not open for further replies.