Using HP-1 files in the BCD436HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
I don't have a BCD436HP yet, so I was wondering if there is a way to use the Favorites list I created in HP Sentinel for the Home Patrol 1 by exporting them into Sentinel for the BCD436HP. Sure would save a lot of typing!

daveharpe

It seemed to work for me. The 436-specifc options were set to their defaults and everything else came in fine. I exported mine as HPE files.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
I just downloaded and setup BCDx36HP Sentinel Software. It has an option to import .hpe files; however I noticed that my Home patrol 1 Favorites Lists are saved as .hpd. I'm wondering if these .hpd files can be used with the newer scanners.

phask

Premium Subscriber
I just downloaded and setup BCDx36HP Sentinel Software. It has an option to import .hpe files; however I noticed that my Home patrol 1 Favorites Lists are saved as .hpd. I'm wondering if these .hpd files can be used with the newer scanners.

Export as hpe from HP1 Sentinel.

RF23

Premium Subscriber

They will not work, when I first got my 436 I tried a copy / paste from my HP-1 .hpd files to my 436 favorite list and it did not work.

I then remembered that the .hpe files were meant as an exchange medium between users of the HP series scanners. So I exported my FL from my HP-1 as an .hpe file and imported them with my 436 and it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.