Using HRD digital modes with VHF/UHF

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc5uta

Was playing around the hf bands with HRD and started to wonder, is there much action in the low end of 2 meters. Has anybody played around with some of the different modes on band other that hf or six meters? If so what kind of luck have you had? Thanks KC5UTA

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

When our club's VHF/UHF contesting station is in use, I have heard SSB & CW. I do not remember hearing much digital mode activity, in EN82.

LtDoc

The HRD I have won't work with VHF/UHF, or I haven't been able to make do so. This isn't the latest version, but the one before. My VHF/UHF radios aren't listed as options.
- 'Doc

There's very little of the digital modes done locally, guess no one has felt the urge?

A little while back, I heard the Chester County Amateur Radio Club (PA) using a digital mode. I was able to decode it using HRD, so VHF/UHF digital use is probably out there, but sporadic.

kc5uta

The HRD I have won't work with VHF/UHF, or I haven't been able to make do so. This isn't the latest version, but the one before. My VHF/UHF radios aren't listed as options.
- 'Doc

There's very little of the digital modes done locally, guess no one has felt the urge?

sorry to hear that doc. : ( I'm a bit spoiled by my Ts-2000, and HRD isn't too picky about what it puts out...so far. I was just curious if "you guys" did much of that. I have, heard sstv done on a repeater once though, some kind of local net I caught during a band opening, that was up around Ft Worth area. Thanks for the relpies fellas.

k8krh

Vhf

Try this you will be surprised on the activity on vhf/uhf

205MorningReport Thanks to Roger K2SMN.... All of our past
205MorningReports have been archived on
KA1ZE - (.205 MorningGroup)
Report all contacts 144Mhz and above between 1700Z – 1700Z. All digital M/S contacts
will be posted. I list all DX Dog contacts over 400mi on 144; 300mi on 222,432 and 200mi
902 and above. I do not search the pages for 6 meter QSO's but I will report all email..

I tried 2 meters last night, hrd ssb on 144.199 and called them first time on 2 mtr ssb in 20 years, wrkd 2 states running 50 watts to a 7 element beam..
I have hrd some digital also a bit lower off/on..its there
DOCTOR/795

Status
Not open for further replies.