• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Using KPG 101D software with TK-2170

Status
Not open for further replies.

lstewartff

I obtained a copy of this software to program our radios. I am having a problem with getting the radios to ID with the PTT button. Could someone explain the best way to do this. also is there a way to make the radio ID without giving the tone when the PTT button is pressed. Any other programming info is helpful or if anyone knows of a tutorial for this software to help with what we haven't already figured out.

sfd119

Set it as Post PTT and not pre. Otherwise, you can turn the "beep" off but you still need to wait before you talk.

lstewartff

Yes I am setting up Fleetsync. I have set all the radio Fleet IDs as 100 and then gave each radio an Own ID. in the ID List I have set the Fleet to ALL, the ID I have put each radio number in, then in the ID Name I have put each call number. I had it ID as the call numbers but now it is only showing the seven digit radio ID.
I do have it set on "Begin On Transmit" with the beep turned off.

Thanks guys for any help

In fleetsync menu is the caller id display box checked?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

sfd119

Let's get Fleetsync working first before you go out and get all fancy with Caller IDs.

I'm doing this from memory so I may be off a bit.

In the Edit Menu, there should be a Fleetsync option. Go into there and enable it.
Then, go to the Channel Edit and under PTT ID (Analog), change it to EOT. That should enable Fleetsync on the channel in question.

Let's get Fleetsync working first before you go out and get all fancy with Caller IDs.

I'm doing this from memory so I may be off a bit.

In the Edit Menu, there should be a Fleetsync option. Go into there and enable it.
Then, go to the Channel Edit and under PTT ID (Analog), change it to EOT. That should enable Fleetsync on the channel in question.

In his third post he said it was working, it just wasn't bringing up the alias.

lstewartff

Ok, I have I working sort of. I have some radios that will ID when receiving, but when they transmit they ID on another radio with the 7 digit ID. I have looked thru all the settings in both programs and can not find the difference that is causing this. I there something that needs to be checked that causes a radio to send the ID signal or receive the right ID. I hope this was clear enough its a lot harder to explain than I thought.

sfd119

Ok, I have I working sort of. I have some radios that will ID when receiving, but when they transmit they ID on another radio with the 7 digit ID. I have looked thru all the settings in both programs and can not find the difference that is causing this. I there something that needs to be checked that causes a radio to send the ID signal or receive the right ID. I hope this was clear enough its a lot harder to explain than I thought.

Is this analog or digital? If it's Digital it's the P25 ID.

If it's analog, then you need to add that number to the Alias list in Fleetsync.

Status
Not open for further replies.