Using Pro-83 as a frequency counter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris0381

I got my pro-83 into frequency counter mode but what now. Are there any instructions on how to make use of it in frequency counter mode or can some one fill me in on how to use it when in this mode.

All I see is frequencies going up and down and not thru the entire frequency range of the set as it only does 3 bands.

LastMaster

Iam pretty sure your in search mode, you just press the number of the bank your in, as it should be blinking, and then it switches to the next one and it will be going up and down. Ex: Bank 1 is 25-28mhz and Bank 2 is 40-55 or somethign like that. It took me a couple of hours to work it, its my first Scanner.

Chris0381

Lets make sure we are on the same frequency.

I am in the special frequency scanner by hittiting Hold 3 +0 while turning on the scanner. Once the frequency couter starts, whats supposed to happen ?

Al42

A counter doesn't have the frequency going up, a scanner in search mode does. A counter will show nothing until there's a signal, then it will show the frequency of that signal.

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
the func key is locked into the on position, so use the #2 and the #8 key to switch between which bands you want the freq counter to scan...

Status
Not open for further replies.