Using Pro96Com here's what I've found:

Status
Not open for further replies.

btritch

I monitored the Lake City And Hopewell Towers A Little Tonight With Pro96Com. Here's What I Found:

I'm getting Two Control And Two Alternate Control Channels On Lake City Tower.
The Hopewell Tower Only Has One ID's Control Channel, There Is No Alternate Control Channel Identified, This Has Now Been Identified and submitted to the DB.

Also, MOST of the traffic from jonesboro comes over Lake City Or Jonesboro, the only thing I got off Hopewell was ASU PD..

These Are The ID's I Found:

20201 Crittenden CO SO
28301 I Do Not Know This One..
803 Tac 1 Troop E
Again, These Came Over Hopewell Tower.

The majority of traffic comes over 866.375 and 854.2125 on Lake City.

CWID Type and WNSR576 on Priority on Data Transmission On Lake City. There Were no Data On Hopewell..

765.15625 Being Used For System ID Transmissons
868.900 Being used for the same and also voice.

Lake City Tower Users on AWIN way busier than Hopewell Is.

Hope This Helps Somebody Figure The System Out!

Just Got 16601 Also, No Idea What It Is..I'll enter and try to find out..Just so ya'll know.

Last edited:

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Affiliation Lists is showing what ID affiliate to that site that are in the range of the tower. The Chan grant screen shows what IDs are given voice grants and will get heard. Dedicate at least 24 hours to each site your able to monitor. You will get better data. Du this firstly during a weekday. then again on say Friday/Saturday... then use a Sunday to see how a truly SLOW day goes. You can also learn if any TG's are multigroup, patched, and if they are just on one site, a few sites, or happen to show up on multiple sites. Some sites are a lot busier than others. For example in the Hot Springs Metro area- Norman BUSY, Mountain Pine BUSY, Magnet EXTREMELY BUSY, the other local towers are moderately to not very busy at all.

btritch

Affiliation Lists is showing what ID affiliate to that site that are in the range of the tower. The Chan grant screen shows what IDs are given voice grants and will get heard. Dedicate at least 24 hours to each site your able to monitor. You will get better data. Du this firstly during a weekday. then again on say Friday/Saturday... then use a Sunday to see how a truly SLOW day goes. You can also learn if any TG's are multigroup, patched, and if they are just on one site, a few sites, or happen to show up on multiple sites. Some sites are a lot busier than others. For example in the Hot Springs Metro area- Norman BUSY, Mountain Pine BUSY, Magnet EXTREMELY BUSY, the other local towers are moderately to not very busy at all.

Ok, How do I tell who's keyed up and used what if I don't get a chance to watch each one, I mean how do you truly see who actually keys up on it and if that being the case, is there a place/way to store them to review later?

I've got these tabs...System Activity Affiliation Log, Affiliation List Site Information, And Patches.. What are all these?
I know now what Affiliation Log is..I figured out I think What System Activity Is..The Main Thing Is How Do I See Who's Used What? Is There A Way To Store Who Uses To Look Later Incase I Miss One?

Thanks For All The Help So Far, Hopefully I Can Get It Lined Out And Give All The Help I Can. I Have Already Noticed The Lake City Tower Is Busy All The Time, Where Hopewell Is Rather Slow. I Will Run The System All Day Friday And Saturday, That's Why I Was Wondering About Seeing Somewhere What Comes Up..Thanks Again milf!

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Ok, How do I tell who's keyed up and used what if I don't get a chance to watch each one, I mean how do you truly see who actually keys up on it and if that being the case, is there a place/way to store them to review later?

I've got these tabs...System Activity Affiliation Log, Affiliation List Site Information, And Patches.. What are all these?
I know now what Affiliation Log is..I figured out I think What System Activity Is..The Main Thing Is How Do I See Who's Used What? Is There A Way To Store Who Uses To Look Later Incase I Miss One?

Thanks For All The Help So Far, Hopefully I Can Get It Lined Out And Give All The Help I Can. I Have Already Noticed The Lake City Tower Is Busy All The Time, Where Hopewell Is Rather Slow. I Will Run The System All Day Friday And Saturday, That's Why I Was Wondering About Seeing Somewhere What Comes Up..Thanks Again milf!

OK Activity log shows everything going on, every CWID, Voice grants etc... Chanel grants are the actual voice grants for that site. This shows the TG, and RID as well as timestamp etc... You set up the autologging in the main menu. Read the readme files that come with Pro96Com. It explains everything. Site info shows all info as to SysID, Site ID, nieghboring sites etc. Patches log shows all tg's that are patched. Once you get a good log going, its best to dl the system from here so that known TG's are labeled for you. Again read the readme. It is easy to understand.

btritch

OK Activity log shows everything going on, every CWID, Voice grants etc... Chanel grants are the actual voice grants for that site. This shows the TG, and RID as well as timestamp etc... You set up the autologging in the main menu. Read the readme files that come with Pro96Com. It explains everything. Site info shows all info as to SysID, Site ID, nieghboring sites etc. Patches log shows all tg's that are patched. Once you get a good log going, its best to dl the system from here so that known TG's are labeled for you. Again read the readme. It is easy to understand.
Ok, I'll see if I can locate the readme file.

Found the File..Great Info!

I Think I'm Beginning To Learn It...I'll Let You Know If I Need Something Else....I Have It Down Pretty Good Now Though.

Last edited:

btritch

In The Live Data Screen And Also In The Channel Grant Screen's I See Troop A North Keying Up.. Does This Mean Troop A Is talking on/monitoring troop a in the Troop C area towers? Ok, This One Confirmed, TROOP A IS talking on Troop C Towers, Just Heard Them Myself!

Which one is accurate to see who has keyed up on the selected tower? Is It The Affiliation Screen, Channel Grant Screen, Or Live Screen?

Everything Else I Think I've Pretty Well About Got Down...Thanks SO much for the help!

Last edited:

btritch

In The Live Data Screen And Also In The Channel Grant Screen's I See Troop A North Keying Up.. Does This Mean Troop A Is talking on/monitoring troop a in the Troop C area towers? Ok, This One Confirmed, TROOP A IS talking on Troop C Towers, Just Heard Them Myself!

Which one is accurate to see who has keyed up on the selected tower? Is It The Affiliation Screen, Channel Grant Screen, Or Live Screen?

Everything Else I Think I've Pretty Well About Got Down...Thanks SO much for the help!

Nothing Besides Troop C State Police On Hopewell Tonight, However, In Addition To Craighead County And Jonesboro, Phillips County Sheriff's Office Is Also Coming Over The Lake City Tower.

mikey60

Nothing Besides Troop C State Police On Hopewell Tonight, However, In Addition To Craighead County And Jonesboro, Phillips County Sheriff's Office Is Also Coming Over The Lake City Tower.

The thing to remember on larger systems like this, is that depending on permission settings, any talkgroup from any agency may appear on any tower site on the system. It all depends on which radios are affiliated with a particular tower site on the talkgroup. If there are no radios affiliated on a tower for a talkgroup, that talkgroup will not be transmitted on that tower site.

As radios move around, they are constantly watching the selected tower site to see how good of a decode rate they are getting on the control channel data. If that decode drops below a preset level, the radio will use the list of adjacent (neighbor) sites to see if there's a better tower site. If there is, the radio will then send a message to the new tower as kind of an "I'm here on this talkgroup" message. This is referred to as affiliating to a tower site.

Mike

btritch

I see, So Where Little Rock Came Over Hopewell And Not Lake City Last Night And Phillips County SO Tonight Over Lake City And Not Hopewell, I See, It May Not Be All Towers, Just One Particular One..But if it's listed any at all, Wouldn't it have to be someone in that tower area with a radio to that TG probably from that agency?
If they weren't, It wouldn't be on it would it?

I'm Picking Up A TG 28301 That I'm Not Sure Where it's from. It Fits The Jonesboro Group of TG's but I'm not sure. I"ve not heard anything on it but it keeps requesting channel permission, I'm going to monitor and see if I can see what it is!

Thanks For The Help!

mikey60

I see, So Where Little Rock Came Over Hopewell And Not Lake City Last Night And Phillips County SO Tonight Over Lake City And Not Hopewell, I See, It May Not Be All Towers, Just One Particular One..But if it's listed any at all, Wouldn't it have to be someone in that tower area with a radio to that TG probably from that agency?
If they weren't, It wouldn't be on it would it?

I'm Picking Up A TG 28301 That I'm Not Sure Where it's from. It Fits The Jonesboro Group of TG's but I'm not sure. I"ve not heard anything on it but it keeps requesting channel permission, I'm going to monitor and see if I can see what it is!

Thanks For The Help!

Yes, it would typically mean that someone from that agency is in that area, or there's someone in that area that has that talkgroup on their radio, and switched to that talkgroup.

Mike

btritch

Yes, it would typically mean that someone from that agency is in that area, or there's someone in that area that has that talkgroup on their radio, and switched to that talkgroup.

Mike

Probably either Sheriff's Office Personnel or OEM, Possibly a Judge I'd Guess..

I Heard State Police Troop A North Dispatch last night out of little rock over the Hopewell tower for three hours, But never heard it off Lake City. I'd guess it was a trooper either on duty or off with his handheld in this area.

The One's That Come Up A CWID as System ID Information...What Are Those? In Car Computers?

Last edited:

btritch

Probably either Sheriff's Office Personnel or OEM, Possibly a Judge I'd Guess..

I Heard State Police Troop A North Dispatch last night out of little rock over the Hopewell tower for three hours, But never heard it off Lake City. I'd guess it was a trooper either on duty or off with his handheld in this area.

The One's That Come Up A CWID as System ID Information...What Are Those? In Car Computers?

Jefferson County Sheriff's Office Coming In Tonight off hopewell instead of Little Rock, Earlier Phillips County Was Coming in off Lake City.

Status
Not open for further replies.