Using Pro96Com

Status
Not open for further replies.

btritch

I'm using Pro96Com to try to monitor the AWIN system...I can click on Read Data from Radio and it just sits there, Nothing changes but when I try to change some settings or something it comes up and says you must first connect to a tower. I'm using the hopewell tower, So as I am monitoring the CC for hopewell I can't get win96 to catch anything or even update anything. Is there something I'm doing wrong on my GRE500?
Is there a secret that I'm missing Somewhere?
Anyone have any suggestions?

poppafred

I believe you have to be in analyze mode.

On my Pro-197, I hit monitor, then TSYS, then analyze and scroll to the tower I want it to work on. Don't know how to do that on a GRE-500 but I am hoping I will come spring and my tax refund.

Yeah, just what I need, another scanner!

Sometimes, I am so glad my wife is now an "ex", less hassle, more toys!

mikey60

I believe you have to be in analyze mode.

On my Pro-197, I hit monitor, then TSYS, then analyze and scroll to the tower I want it to work on. Don't know how to do that on a GRE-500 but I am hoping I will come spring and my tax refund.

Yeah, just what I need, another scanner!

Sometimes, I am so glad my wife is now an "ex", less hassle, more toys!

The GRE PSR-500 uses the exact same keypress combo.

Yes, to effectively decode a control channel, you need to have the radio parked on a control channel. It will get some data in scan mode, but if you have multiple sites, the data will questionable at best if you're using a multi-site mode.

Also make sure the program is set to use the PSR-500/PSR-600 mode on the configuration screen.

Mike

btritch

Here's what I Did:

I hooked up the data cable from the computer to radio Then
I Went to AWIN, Hit The TSYS button, Went into analyze mode on Hopewell CC.
I went to Pro96Com and when I click on Read Data From Radio None of the site information changes.
I changed the com ports to the right ones and changed configuration to 500/600 operation.

I see none of the system information updating and nothing changing when I hit read data from radio. I have a 99% signal coming off that tower. What else could it be?

mikey60

Here's what I Did:

I hooked up the data cable from the computer to radio Then
I Went to AWIN, Hit The TSYS button, Went into analyze mode on Hopewell CC.
I went to Pro96Com and when I click on Read Data From Radio None of the site information changes.
I changed the com ports to the right ones and changed configuration to 500/600 operation.

I see none of the system information updating and nothing changing when I hit read data from radio. I have a 99% signal coming off that tower. What else could it be?

The cable was plugged into the scanner when you clicked the Read from Radio correct? The program will send a command to the scanner to turn on the data stream.

Mike

btritch

The cable was plugged into the scanner when you clicked the Read from Radio correct? The program will send a command to the scanner to turn on the data stream.

Mike
Yea it was plugged in but I didnm't notice the red/green light combo flashing, But I have the com port right and it was plugged in. Is there something I'm not doing?

mikey60

Yea it was plugged in but I didnm't notice the red/green light combo flashing, But I have the com port right and it was plugged in. Is there something I'm not doing?

I can't think of anything you're doing wrong. Is anything showing up on the raw screen when you start it?

Mike

btritch

no, just a blank screen at the bottom it says read data from radio. When I click it it will say Stop reading data from radio.. When I try to click settings or something it says you must be connected to a tower to change this. I have the cable connected to the computer and the radio, i got into the tsys screen and go to an active tower, and open the program, then it won't connect. I have no idea what it can be.

poppafred

no, just a blank screen at the bottom it says read data from radio. When I click it it will say Stop reading data from radio.. When I try to click settings or something it says you must be connected to a tower to change this. I have the cable connected to the computer and the radio, i got into the tsys screen and go to an active tower, and open the program, then it won't connect. I have no idea what it can be.

Double check you have the right USB port selected on the "decode configuration" tab. I made the mistake of configuring the "scanner control" port which is not the decode signal. When the program starts to receive info from the scanner, the green light will flash almost continuously.

poppafred

I just tried something and am surprised that it is working.

After connecting the program to the scanner, I scrolled through the list of control channels just to see what it was picking up. Then on a whim, hit the scan button. It is decoding ALL the control channels and only stops when someone calls dispatch or dispatch calls a unit. As soon as the conversation is over and the scanner starts scanning again, it immediately goes back to decoding the control channels it can hear.

I did NOT know it would do that!

:cool:

mikey60

I just tried something and am surprised that it is working.

After connecting the program to the scanner, I scrolled through the list of control channels just to see what it was picking up. Then on a whim, hit the scan button. It is decoding ALL the control channels and only stops when someone calls dispatch or dispatch calls a unit. As soon as the conversation is over and the scanner starts scanning again, it immediately goes back to decoding the control channels it can hear.

I did NOT know it would do that!

:cool:

It can do that, but the data may get a little jumbled if you have the auto save feature turned on (i.e. Frequencies from one tower site showing up on another tower site).

Mike

btritch

Ok, I've been watching and I found the other CC for hopwell nobody had and I noticed the hopewell tower does not carry jonesboro and craighead county traffic. But lake city does, Lake City Was Twice as busy as Hopewell. I need someone to explain one more thing to me. I noticed as I watched it the ID's would pop up as they keyed up but when I go to the affiliation log and list that it shows some that are there that I never saw keyup. Can someone explain what all the tabs are for and which one I should go by to see what's where?

Status
Not open for further replies.