Using Pro97

Status
Not open for further replies.

vrf

Premium Subscriber
Since I cannot use my pro97 on rebanded trunking can someone post a step by step illustration on what I need to do to use this scanner on EDACS and LTR for Fort Bend County , I never used this scanner as such , trying to use this scanner for something .

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Well re rebanding, it depends...if all the freqs in the system have a 5 in the 4th decimal position, you should be able to reprogram it without having to worry about custom tables...it's when one or more of the freqs have a 0 in that position that creates problems...you didn't say which system(s) you think you can't monitor...

Anyway, check this out for some additional programming help...

Easier to Read Pro-97/2055 Scanner Manual

best regards...Mike

vrf

Premium Subscriber
It is TxWarn Analog System and it does have a 0 in it , so I cannot use this for the EDACS or LTR or can I .

DickH

It is TxWarn Analog System and it does have a 0 in it , so I cannot use this for the EDACS or LTR or can I .

Last December 20, I sent you, via e-mail, the answer to those questions. I also attached step-by-step programming for your PRO-97 and PRO-164 scanners.

vrf

Premium Subscriber
Thanks , I was aware of that but I am checking on EDACS or LTR , I am not familiar with these , I am trying to use this scanner for something , I have never checked on these because the Motorola trunking has worked before rebanding came up or should I not worry about the EDACS and LTR , if so what do I need to enter on these .

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Thanks , I was aware of that but I am checking on EDACS or LTR , I am not familiar with these , I am trying to use this scanner for something , I have never checked on these because the Motorola trunking has worked before rebanding came up or should I not worry about the EDACS and LTR , if so what do I need to enter on these .
Rebanding has no effect on EDACS or LTR systems. All you need to do is enter the new frequencies in the correct LCN positions. Whether it has a 5, or a 0, in the fourth decimal place makes no difference at all.

Just be sure that you start at channel 001, 101, 201, etc, not at 000, 100, 300,... More here.

For EDACS, in Fort Bend, I presume you are looking at this system, and the Fort Bend County Site: Houston Independent School District Trunking System, Houston, Texas - Scanner Frequencies
If you are thinking of programming more than one site, such as the "West Houston" site, that would have to go in a separate bank because of the LCN's.

See this page in the Wiki for links to a couple of programming guides for EDACS and LTR on your Pro-97.

Status
Not open for further replies.