using Radio Reference

Status
Not open for further replies.

neutral

Hi
having a problem using the service. I'm using the prog.from butel arc-300 and RS pro2055 when I select internet and radio reference it goes to radio reference and thats as far as it goes, mwssage at the bottom of the page says it can't read data? did I waste my money? or am I missing something?

thanks for any help
charlie

CStarr59

Welcome Charlie, Have you checked the baud rate on the scanner and the arc-300 program that you are using? They have to match for data transfer. I'm not an expert on this, but have done it in the past and I had kind of the same problem. Also make sure you are using the correct comm port. Hang in there someone here will solve your problem.

captclint

Mentor
Hi
having a problem using the service. I'm using the prog.from butel arc-300 and RS pro2055 when I select internet and radio reference it goes to radio reference and thats as far as it goes, mwssage at the bottom of the page says it can't read data?
Sounds like your problem is about logging onto RR for a download, which will have nothing to do with baud rate. Do you get to the log-in point where you enter you user name and PW? If so, does it go any further to show you the "select a state" drop down? If not, be sure to check your user ID and PW for case, as it is case sensitive. Let us know the answers to these, and maybe we can get you going.

neutral

Sounds like your problem is about logging onto RR for a download, which will have nothing to do with baud rate. Do you get to the log-in point where you enter you user name and PW? If so, does it go any further to show you the "select a state" drop down? If not, be sure to check your user ID and PW for case, as it is case sensitive. Let us know the answers to these, and maybe we can get you going.

it logs in ok name and pw are good, at the bottom of the panel in the status bar I have the message: INT not ok, can't read user data. i turned of the McAffe thinking it might be blocking it.

thanks charlie

captclint

Mentor
it logs in ok name and pw are good, at the bottom of the panel in the status bar I have the message: INT not ok, can't read user data. i turned of the McAffe thinking it might be blocking it.
Can't think of anything else. Suggest you ask this question in the software forum, and change the subject to: ARC300 will not connect RR. Be sure to mention that you can log on OK, and that you have turned off your McAffe

Last edited:

neutral

Can't think of anything else. Suggest you ask this question in the software forum, and change the subject to: ARC300 will not connect RR. Be sure to mention that you can log on OK, and that you have turned off your McAffe

Thank you, I wil follow your lead and give it a try.

captclint

Mentor
One possibility is that you are using an old version of ARC300. I didn't consider this as you sounded like you just spent the money for it, but if you got it more than 6 months ago. you will not be able to log on properly. Just in case, go to Butel and download latest version.

Status
Not open for further replies.