Using SDR Sharp with Fldigi (or trying to) with an RTL-SDR

Status
Not open for further replies.

sacentre

Hi Mike
I finally got it working. Long story but thanks for all your help. I missed the bit (Item F?) in your notes where you said FLdigi can pipe sound to speaker output. I got around that problem with this app

It seemed strange to me that one couldn't hear the signal being decoded but that seemed to be the situation and the reason Mr Muzychenko wrote this utility. I'd be happy to know Fldigi can do this without the need for third-party software. I'll go over your notes and screenshots again.

Meanwhile, thanks a million for all the time and effort you've put in nursemaiding me.
Trevor

Last edited:

sacentre

Hi Mike
As you correctly indicated in your E_Fldig_config.jpeg, all I had to do was configure the Fldigi Playback option to point to my speakers. In my case this was Realtek Digital Output(Optical) (Realtek(R) Audio) and I didn't need the Audio Repeater app. Easy once you know how, right? I made the mistake of pointing this to the VAC.

I guess this app may have been written for an earlier version of Fldigi.
Thanks again

Trevor

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
I saw your midnight post and was going to comment, but you found what I was going to say at 4:30am.

Depending on the end use application it may or may not allow for sound to be redirected. As SDR and digital decoding application mature and new ones are created they tend to address earlier short comings and don't need add-ons.

To expand your digital decoding you might take a look at DSD+ or DSDPlus, both spelling are used. There is a free version to peak your interest and then there is the paid FastLane version. It is used to decode many different digital protocols including Police and Fire assuming they are not encrypted.

Another one is the link following for ham radio.

sacentre

Thanks again, Mike. So many exciting possibilities. All I need to do now is start receiving some signals!

Status
Not open for further replies.