Using SDS 200 as a feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

NA3E

I have recently upgraded to a SDS200 for my feed. While setting up the feed, it says to use the mic output on the rear of the scanner. The SDS200 does not have a mic output on the rear of the scanner, just ext spkr jack. A friend said that if I used the mic output jack (that doesn't exist), I would not be getting the constant hiss on my feed. Using a PC with the audio hosed into the mic input.
Any suggestions to making the feed sound better.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I have recently upgraded to a SDS200 for my feed. While setting up the feed, it says to use the mic output on the rear of the scanner. The SDS200 does not have a mic output on the rear of the scanner, just ext spkr jack. A friend said that if I used the mic output jack (that doesn't exist), I would not be getting the constant hiss on my feed. Using a PC with the audio hosed into the mic input.
Any suggestions to making the feed sound better.

Use the RJ45 connection on the front of the SDS200 for audio through your LAN/internet. Far superior audio than other connections.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Use the RJ45 connection on the front of the SDS200 for audio through your LAN/internet. Far superior audio than other connections.
Seconded. Running a speaker output to any audio input is a really bad idea. Using the network port also eliminates the ground loop issue.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I agree with everyone. Using the LAN/Ethernet port produces the highest quality audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.