Using siren on a BCD 536

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blindguy

Hi all I am trying to use the Siren app on my phone iwht my BCD 536. I can't figure out how to get it into scan mode. I see 3 "hold" buttons. But once in hold mode how do I swtich it back to scan mode with the app? thanks
Frank

Blindguy

Thanks, the hold button shows up 3 times on the main screen of the app. Is there a difference in function between the 3? Also I have the range set to 50 does that significantly slow down a scan?
thanks

Ubbe

From top to bottom it is system, department and channel/TG that you select to hold on to. I would say that it is channel/TG that get used the most.

The range doesn't slow down scan very much. If there is no carrier on a channel, due to it being out of range, it doesn't stop on it to check if its valid and tries to decode it. The hold time for a trunked system only come into play if there is a carrier detected. But if you only have an indoor antenna I would say that 50 is a bit optimistic.

/Ubbe

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
With a HT antenna, any range setting over 10 is stupid. You'll be trying to scan all kinds of stuff you can't possibly hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.