OP25 Using Termux to install OP25

Status
Not open for further replies.

air-scan

I have installed Ubuntu in Termux on my Android tablet. I have cmake, lib-boost-dev-all installing (this one is slow. It's the armhf version).

Ran into a issue. Can't get the cmake script to build gnu radio. What do I need to do?

Errors:
Could not find a package .....

GnuradioConfig.cmake
gnuradio-config.cmake

air-scan

Update: I figured it out.simply do apt install gnuradio worked.

Let me know what else to do. This isn't the desktop shell.

air-scan

"numpy" is a Python math library. Something isn't right with your python installation.
I wouldn't know. I removed it the whole thing. I read that that error meant no memory left to do anything further. The tablet has only 1gb memory with usually 512mb ram. I was experimenting to see if it will actually run. OP25 installed fine.

With Android running termux with Ubuntu 1gb wouldn't be enough to run OP25. I hope to be wrong. I am making conclusions on its face value. I prefer OP25 ported to android. Heck gnuradio needs ported to Android firstly.

Maybe I can redo the installation. The install.sh script wouldn't run correctly in the termux shell. I had to do the cmake ../ and make commands. ldconfig does work. It won't accept sudo commands

Last edited:

air-scan

Well after reconsidering I found out that installing sudo worked but I didn't need a password. Now install.sh worked.

I'm hoping this works now. Sure is sluggish.
Working with Android 9 Pie (GO edition), 1gb ram,
Termux with Ubuntu minimal installed.
Might need to do the OP25 server option because I don't know if portaudio will do anything within Termux

air-scan

Let us know.
It's going to be a while. Very difficult to find Termux user files to do any editing if it works because Files by Google doesn't show a data/data/Termux folder.
Nano partially works because no shift key on Androids touch screen keyboard.
Biggest headache. Native pc installs are easier!

air-scan

Install OpenSSH?
It won't work the second time regardless of a seemingly successful install. Numpy installed fine. Not enough device memory. It's a no-go on this device. Need someone else to experiment then report how they go it working if it works. Then mention how in detail.

Termux is a Linux environment that can run a few different types of Linux minimal distros. It doesn't have x11 but can install a desktop server that a vnc can connect to. It's known as a hacker software in which I ain't no hacker.
This is really tell us how mobile software defined radio implementation has advanced. Very little. Rtl-tcp a few ADSB apps a few standard SDR software like SDR Touch and rf analyzer isn't enough. Trunking radio development really needs to be added to the mobile platform.
We're not there yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.