Using The ANSDR E200 To Display Real Time TV

This video demonstrates how to display real time TV using the ANTSDR E200 on Ubuntu 23.10 using iqSDR and gnuradio.

Using The ANSDR E200 To Display Real Time TV

The format of the over the air signal is ATSC. The gnuradio program converts it to a ".TS" format. ffplay convert the .TS video to HDMI for presentation on my flat panel display.

BinaryMode

Not bad for a CB antenna. LOL Heck, probably works better than some of the antennas sold on Amazon.

For a while the antenna did not work it all. Now, it has resonance at 49 MHz and 139 MHz - that is no where near the CB 27 MHz.
Maybe I will test it against some of the real OTA TV antennas that I have.

nowires

Let's see a copy of the ".grc" that you are using .
It's the uhd_atsc_rx.grc in the gnuradio examples directory that comes with the gnuradio installation. Just had to modify the input source so it would use the right radio driver.

You are getting no output, because it is not finding anything to decode - find a strong channel to work with - then adjust the receiver gain up an down - it starts printing error messages when you get close. You would be better off using the "ATSC Receive Pipeline". I used a grc like LimeSuiteTV39TS.grc, you can find it at -

nowires

You are getting no output, because it is not finding anything to decode - find a strong channel to work with - then adjust the receiver gain up an down - it starts printing error messages when you get close. You would be better off using the "ATSC Receive Pipeline". I used a grc like LimeSuiteTV39TS.grc, you can find it at -

I don't have the lime, so I'll have to change the source block (soapy should work, but this appears to be OSMOSDR). And I don't have the blocks_udp_sink. I guess that's a ubuntu thing. I have the grnet, but when I go from ATSC receive pipeline to grnet_udp_sink, it gives me a red line. Still a 0 length file if I use the file sink. My SDR may not be fully supported under gnuradio? Even though I get a pilot signal when I use the uhd_atsc_rx.grc/py?

You have not said what SDR you have - gnuradio on Ubuntu 23.10 works very well with limeSDR 2.0 mini, BladeRF and the ANTSDR e200 and it partly works with the SDRplay RSP2 and SDRplay RSPduo and the HackRF One.

nowires

You have not said what SDR you have - gnuradio on Ubuntu 23.10 works very well with limeSDR 2.0 mini, BladeRF and the ANTSDR e200 and it partly works with the SDRplay RSP2 and SDRplay RSPduo and the HackRF One.
It's bladeRF micro 2.0. I may have to try it on ubuntu to see if I get any different.