Using Unitrunker with P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chevyman22360

Just started using Unitrunker again after a few years. I am currently monitoring the (South Dakota State Radio System) South Dakota State Radio System Trunking System, Statewide, South Dakota - Scanner Frequencies
I have everything setup in unitrunker and the site comes up. I monitor the Summit control channel (158.640) as my park channel. When the screen pops up all the frequencies are in the 850-80 mhz. And I also get a constant call of 34816 that just keeps coming through that makes hard to monitor other traffic. Again I just started using it again. Maybe I am missing something. is there something different, better than unitrunker? Thanks

Attachments

• 2020-11-03.png
    2020-11-03.png
    111 KB · Views: 33

mattwillson

I would try parking on the frequency in red, hard to see... 864.3125 I think? It looks like your setup is incomplete, you digital output isn't being sent through a virtual cable to DSD for decoding. I think you would only need 2 VCOs, signal and voice. Double click on 34816 and change priority to 99. Unitrunker was the first program I attempted (started in June) so I have stuck with it. SDR-trunk seems like a decent software alternative. Feel free to DM me for any assistance with getting Unitrunker going.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I'm wondering if you entered the proper band plan into Unitrunker.
That is 100% the issue. South Dakota's system is VHF, and every frequency shown in his screenshot is 800 MHz. Unitrunker band plan defaults to 800 MHz on SmartZone systems, so it has to be manually edited to match the VHF system.

boatbod

Recommend you switch over to one of the more commonly used P25 apps such as DSD+FL or SDRTrunk. P25 systems broadcast sufficient info on their control channel that you should not need to enter anything about a band plan once you have the control channel being received ok.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Recommend you switch over to one of the more commonly used P25 apps such as DSD+FL or SDRTrunk. P25 systems broadcast sufficient info on their control channel that you should not need to enter anything about a band plan once you have the control channel being received ok.
The South Dakota system is listed as a SmartZone system, with P25 CAI / audio. DSD+FL and SDRTrunk will not decode the proprietary SmartZone control channel.

boatbod

The South Dakota system is listed as a SmartZone system, with P25 CAI / audio. DSD+FL and SDRTrunk will not decode the proprietary SmartZone control channel.
Ah, in that case nevermind! I was going from the thread title...
Smartzone will definitely require a band plan

Status
Not open for further replies.