Using Wildcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

shocker81

I have one bank in my Pro 106 that is setup as a wildcard. I have programmed all of the
primary red control channels in the frequency setup. It takes all 32 frequencies. Then I save it.
Then I save the next screen with out any talkgroup numbers programmed. Then when any traffic with
talk group numbers come on I check them against the data base for the State P-25 listings. If I want
that in my radio then, I program it where it needs to be. I have 17 banks programmed in my
Pro 106 and I am not done yet. I did not know if anybody else had done this the way I do it or not. It is a
great way to listen for active but unprogrammed talkgroups.

n0lqt

I have mine split in to three scan lists. One for Law Enforcement and EOC traffic, one for Fire and EMS, and a third with everything. That's the one with the wildcard TGs in it and it is set to create new Talkgroups from the wilcard hits. That is the way I had my Pro-96 and 2096 as well, but that was originally due to the restriction on the number of talkgroups per bank in the Pro-96 and 2096.....JoeP.

IowaBrian

I do the same thing here in Iowa on the Racom Network. You just never know when they might add something.

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.