Using Win-System IRLP

Status
Not open for further replies.

LandyII

I'm a new ham and I'm having trouble understanding how to get into the Winsystem.

Winsystem

I really enjoy listening to them on my local Los Angeles frequency 147.210, the camaraderie is great! The only problem is that I'm uncertain how to access the system. I realize that it's not true DX'ing, but just the same, I'd love the opportunity to ragchew with folks in England or Florida, etc.

I know it doesn't cost anything:

System Dues

I'd be willing to pay the $120.00 suggested dues if someone could help explain to me how to access the system. I've heard that they don't like to broadcast their "version" of a PL, which I believe to be a node.

I'm hoping that the WinSystem isn't a "good old boys network" or they don't want or need any newcomers because that would be a shame.

Private System

If anyone would like to private message me and walk me through it, I'd be so very happy.

mancow

Database Admin
I've always just dialed up the 9100 reflector and left it connected, unless there's something else I'm missing that I'm unaware of.

LandyII

I've always just dialed up the 9100 reflector and left it connected, unless there's something else I'm missing that I'm unaware of.

To a new ham, you're speaking another language! Could you or someone else please explain what dialing up the 9100 reflector actually means? Thanks

KJ6HCB

Not sure what you mean Landy - you are in LA so there are plentyyyy of repeaters available for you to use.

Looks like you like to use: 7 Pomona, Riverside CA K6JSI 147.210 (+) 100.0 Sunset Ridge, 5,210' + 100'

A repeater on the WIN system owned by Shorty K6JSI in Pomona on Sunset Ridge - 147.210 + 100Hz.

That is all you need to access that repeater and talk on the win system... that repeater is linked to everything else! Hope to see you there.

Status
Not open for further replies.