Using windows mobile for live audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

llucas

Maybe there is a place this has been discussed but I have not found it. I am using a Samsung Omni smart phone with windows 6.1 and would like to listen to the live audio feeds. When I go to RR audio feeds on the mobile site it just downloads the saved file instead of opening the live feed. What do I need to do to be able to listen to the live feeds. I am a premium subscriber.
THANKS

richtidd

Database Admin
Maybe there is a place this has been discussed but I have not found it. I am using a Samsung Omni smart phone with windows 6.1 and would like to listen to the live audio feeds. When I go to RR audio feeds on the mobile site it just downloads the saved file instead of opening the live feed. What do I need to do to be able to listen to the live feeds. I am a premium subscriber.
THANKS

Windows Mobile 6 does not support the mp3 codec that RR Live Audio mobile uses so you cannot listen to the feeds. We use a fairly standard mp3 codec that Win Mobile should do but does not.

The reason I know this is I had a HTC Touch Pro with Win Mobile 6 that would not do the RR feeds. Both HTC & various forums said I was out of luck.

You will need to use a third part program like Police Scanner.
Mobile Software and Games for your PDA or Smartphone : Handango in one place to get the third party apps.
WunderRadio is one to look at.

llucas

thanks

Windows Mobile 6 does not support the mp3 codec that RR Live Audio mobile uses so you cannot listen to the feeds. We use a fairly standard mp3 codec that Win Mobile should do but does not.

The reason I know this is I had a HTC Touch Pro with Win Mobile 6 that would not do the RR feeds. Both HTC & various forums said I was out of luck.

You will need to use a third part program like Police Scanner.
Mobile Software and Games for your PDA or Smartphone : Handango in one place to get the third party apps.
WunderRadio is one to look at.

It appears the Police Scanner software has limited numbers of feeds. Is the wunderRadio able to follow the feeds from RR feeds?

lowerrollin

Feed Provider
It can be done.

I was able to listen to many feeds using a wm 6.1 device. Sprint Mogul, Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2. You do need a separate program to use it. The program is called GSPlayer made by green software. it is free and can be downloaded straight to your WM6.1 mobile device via Freeware for Pocket PC. Free Windows Mobile Pocket PC / PPC downloads., ( search for GSPlayer using your mobile device browser) or a google search for GSPlayer. You will have to input the URL directly from the RR feed site into the GSPlayer as a winamp, or similar MP3 URL. The easiest way to do this is to open up your favorite feed in winamp, then "view file info" under the file tab in winamp. That will open up the MP3 stream info box associated with your feed. Example, my feed is http://audio4.radioreference.com:80/61451116 If you enter this into a MP3 player, like GSPlayer, it will open up the feed to listen. I hope i havent confused you. If you need any help, just ask and ill try to walk you through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.