USNA 380 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

baydog

I've been hearing AMB 469 reporting " on the air" on TG 22506. USNA fire/EMS dispatch is still using the VHF freq.

On a totally different subject. The VHF marine band was wide open between 6 and 8 this AM. I was hearing USCG Sector North Carolina and Sector Delaware Bay loud and clear. Sector Northern New England was weak but readable.

freqhopping

What talkgroups have you logged? I've been receiving the site early in the morning and until about 10am today. Today I heard some FMs and battalion chiefs talking about distributing the new radios so everyone can get familiar with them before the full change over which seemed to be soon. Also about collecting some of the old radios in the meantime.

22501 Police
22502 ??
22503 ??
22506 Fire Marshalls
22508 Fire Dept
22512 PD
22514 FD
22520 FD

troymail

Silent Key
Earlier this evening, I heard someone testing with Chief 46 on TG 22506.. Just a bit ago, they dispatched two different calls on VHF and for one I think I heard a chief reporting he was in a meeting and would not be responding... for the second, one unit (Engine 462) responded over 22506... Still, Im hearing much more activity on the VHF frequency than on the TRS.

The TRs is also VERY quiet -- for a while, I heard security or police on 22501 but lately I'm not hearing much of anything...

Are they using this system randomly at various times or what? Any ideas? Ifs anyone hearing anything more consistently than this?

baydog

I 'm still hearing activity on TG 22501 on a fairly regular basis - vehicle stops, registration checks, building security reports. Audio quality is still poor, it has a very "sideband "like quality to it.

David

troymail

Silent Key
I 'm still hearing activity on TG 22501 on a fairly regular basis - vehicle stops, registration checks, building security reports. Audio quality is still poor, it has a very "sideband "like quality to it.

David

Regular as in - every day - routinely?

Can you tell me which control channel freq you are locked on to when you hear activity?

baydog

The control channel is 386.5875.
I hear traffic on the USNA system everyday. On weekdays I'm listening mainly in the evenings.

David

troymail

Silent Key
Anyone listening to this system?

I heard a broadcast on the 148Mhz USNA Fire Dispatch freq this morning telling units to begin using the LMR sytem (which I believe is this system)... I took that as meaning they (the Fire department units) are now moved over to the 380 system full time (but maybe they've made this announcement before).

baydog

I've yet to hear anything but the USNA police. But then again there have never been that many fire dispatches in comparison to the USNA PD.

troymail

Silent Key
FINALLY!

Just heard a medical dispatch for Amb 46 on 22506 -- which is listed on RR as the "FM" talkgroup... seems more like the dispatch talkgroup

:lol:

EDIT: confirmed! - they just followed up with dispatch of Quint 46 on the same medical call

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.