USS Enterprise COMPTUEX

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon

Database Admin
Hey N1RGR: Also check 6688 USB as it was reported in the Russian forum.

SCPD

QRT
Nothing thus far on 6688 Brandon. 4712 and 5723 USB is very active with crypto as I type this. :( There are some some comms in the clear. Call signs logged today were Echo-Fox,Echo-Juliet and Echo Lima.

SCPD

QRT
Lots of activity right now on 4712 with Oscar Juliet,Mike and Lima. These guys are blasting in on here tonight. They are working issues with techs on data links. Time 2323

reedeb

End of an era.

Too bad this will her last time. One of my uncles was on the first carrier Enterprise and was heartbroken about the way she was wrecked. His son was a plankowner of this Enterprise and he now understands his dad's emotions. I've been hoping they would name a new carrier the Eneterprise and keep the tradition going, BUT I guess not. When this one is gone there will be no other. Listen to her while you can, later this year she'll be silent forever.

SCPD

QRT
Well said reedeb! This is indeed a great moment especially for us radio enthusiasts to be able to monitor her last COMPTUEX exercise!

They are very active this morning on 5723 USB with Echo Whiskey,Juliet and Echo passing track numbers and triangulating at "Jimmy Cricket" and "Outback"...what ever that means lol? Good Stuff! :)

Time 1342z

SCPD

QRT
French Air Force is active on 6688khz. No idea if they're involved with carrier exercise.

(Loud and clear from PA remote Perseus.)

jsoergel

Twitter reports show DRAGON 1 ("603") was just up on 11175 with Offutt for crypto and looking for the daytime link coord freq. Probably one of the E-2's.

jsoergel

8974 up with encryption and some voice.

Callsigns are ECHO CHARLIE and ECHO UNIFORM, discussing track intercepts.

Now hearing encryption on 11184. Not familiar with the type.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
8974kHz USB still active with c/s Echo Charlie,Uniform,Oscar,Lima and Kilo. Track reference points mentioned are Poison Ivy,Jiminy Cricket and Giant.

5723 and 4712 have been mostly silent today with some occasional crypto heard on 5723.

Last edited:

jsoergel

8974 was used most of the day thanks to good prop on 8 megs. I believe that it is the day freq and 5723 is the night freq, but I have not verified it. All freqs seem quiet as of 0330Z.

SCPD

QRT
8974 was used most of the day thanks to good prop on 8 megs. I believe that it is the day freq and 5723 is the night freq, but I have not verified it. All freqs seem quiet as of 0330Z.

Signals were impressive today on 8 megs! Im getting some light activity right now on 5723. Time 0402z

That C-5 is Awesome dude! :)

Last edited:

jsoergel

Signals were impressive today on 8 megs! Im getting some light activity right now on 5723. Time 0402z

That C-5 is Awesome dude! :)

I don't have anything on 5723 yet. Little bit of AM stations bleeding through on the sideband.

Thanks, I sure do miss that C-5A sound! Patterson is just about done with the C-17 conversion, so C-5s are rare to see around here anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.