UT Southwestern Medical Center LTR's

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbstone99

I noticed that 2 LTR trunks has been added for UT Southwestern Medical Center. The one that carries the security talkgroups has a DCHD abbreviation beside the TG. Now looking up DCHD comes up with Dallas County Hospital District which leads to Parkland Hospital. Now Parkland is affiliated with not only UT Southwestern but Children's & Zale Lipshy & St Paul which leads me that this LTR covers probably all the above hospitals or maybe just Parkland. I am not 100% sure but from looking around online I feel around 75% it seems to be how it is. Does anyone have any information agreeeing or disagreeing with what I posted? None the less I am thinking maybe we should change that one LTR from UT Southwestern MC to Dallas County Hospital District which would make it less confusing in the database.

Matt

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Matt,
Those two systems have several different FCC call signs listed. Looks like they come back as belonging to either UTSW, State of Texas, Univ. Texas Health Science Center (a previous name for the facility), etc; all variations of a Texas state sub-agency. None show as licensed to Parkland/Dallas County Hospital District.

UTSW Med owns Zale Lipshy & also was in an agreement, I believe to acquire St. Paul as of a couple years ago, from Texas Health Resources (I think that's correct; somebody else may be able to correct me if I'm wrong). They do operate it, in any event.

UTSW provides doctors for both Parkland & Children's as part of their role as a medical school, with students doing their residency work there, as well as access for research.

Status
Not open for further replies.