UTAC Nationwide

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDS-INC

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Does anyone know the UTAC Nationwide Frequency Layout?

There was also something in the 460mhz that i thought was nationwide?
i beleive it was 460.4750mhz? But i am unsure about that?

Last edited:

rescuecomm

IIRC

UCall - 453.2125 RX - 458.2125 TX

UTac1 - 453.4625 RX - 458.4625 TX

The lower of the freqs is used if a repeater is not operated.

11F3E or narrow band

The web site shows all the freqs but I thought the PL 156.7 was good for UCall too? Now it is carrier-squelch, but I can't do it here? My squad's WTs have 156.7 on the PL to keep from hearing a local PD's dispatch that happens to be on the frequency.

Bob

Nasby

Does any agency actually use these frequencies? Here in N.E. Ohio I can't name one agency that even monitors these channels.

ecps92

Remember, there are plenty of Legacy users on many of these channels across the country, some even using the suggested CTCSS tones.

IIRC

UCall - 453.2125 RX - 458.2125 TX

UTac1 - 453.4625 RX - 458.4625 TX

The lower of the freqs is used if a repeater is not operated.

11F3E or narrow band

The web site shows all the freqs but I thought the PL 156.7 was good for UCall too? Now it is carrier-squelch, but I can't do it here? My squad's WTs have 156.7 on the PL to keep from hearing a local PD's dispatch that happens to be on the frequency.

Bob

SCANdal

Silent Key
Folks, these are basic national standards....comply with them!

Does any agency actually use these frequencies? Here in N.E. Ohio I can't name one agency that even monitors these channels.

Mine does.

It's not a question of "monitoring" the channels or "using" the channels, it's a question of at least having them in your radios so that if the day ever comes where your agency goes to, or calls in assistance from, anyone else beside your usual mutual aid partners, you can have - at minimum initially - simplex communications with them if you have the UHF band in common with them. Same thing applies to the VCall/VTacs and the 8Call/8Tacs.

The web site shows all the freqs but I thought the PL 156.7 was good for UCall too?

Yes it is, on both tx and rx. Just make sure your radio operators know how to put the radio into csq rx mode (and, of course, that the radio is capable of going into that mode) so that if the need should arise that you have to talk with someone who has the frequencies in their radios but for some bizarre reason did not put 156.7 on at least the tx side - you would be able to hear and talk to them too.

SCANdal

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.