Utah Arc500 file swapping

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBassman

I thought I would start a thread for trading scanner files for the Utah area. I live is Salt Lake City and monitor most of the counties surrounding me with a PRO-106 digital scanner. I would like to see how others have organized their files for this area.

My ARC500 file is posted here:
http:/thebassman.is-a-geek.net/SLCFreqs.zip

qlajlu

Silent Key
Welcome to the Utah Forum of RR.com​
TheBassman!​

Your suggestion has some merit, but I think it may present some problems since I believe the predominant programming software used by the Utah members is WIN500 for their PSR-500/600s and Pro-106/197 digital capable scanners. Correct me if I am wrong, but I do not believe that ARC500 files can be read by WIN software and visa-versa. My WIN500 software does not recognize the ARC file so I'm unable to look at your setup. Just didn't want you to be disappointed by lack of response.

Again, welcome.

TheBassman

Here is a Win500 File of the same setup

Thanks for the reply. I tested all the different programs with my Pro-106 and found some of the features in the Arc500 software easier to understand. And "Fill Down" is great!

I know that PSREdit will read my Arc files but Win500 will not.

1 feature I did not find in any of the programs was the ability to clear all objects from a scanlist. (I put all my objects into scanlist 10 as an easy way to scan everything in my radio. Now I need to remove each object 1 by 1)

Anyway here is a Win500 file of my setup:

http://thebassman.is-a-geek.net/UtahFreqsWin500.zip

camelcacher

Thanks for the reply. I tested all the different programs with my Pro-106 and found some of the features in the Arc500 software easier to understand. And "Fill Down" is great!

I know that PSREdit will read my Arc files but Win500 will not.

1 feature I did not find in any of the programs was the ability to clear all objects from a scanlist. (I put all my objects into scanlist 10 as an easy way to scan everything in my radio. Now I need to remove each object 1 by 1)

Anyway here is a Win500 file of my setup:

http://thebassman.is-a-geek.net/UtahFreqsWin500.zip

Couldn't open it up using win 500 mabey some wrong with mine double check yours

qlajlu

Silent Key
This statement is untrue. It is possible to remove as many objects as you want as a batch.

1. If the objects are all in contiguous lines, simply highlight one of the objects on the outside limit, then press and hold down the "Shift" key while you click on the other outside limit (see 1st image).

2. If the objects are not in contiguous lines, highlight one, then hold the down the "Ctrl" key and click on each of the other objects (see 2nd image).

3. Click on the greyed out check marks to remove them from that list and then click on the scan list where you want them to belong if they all are going to the same list.

4. If the objects will be distributed to several lists, you will have to do that individually...or you can highlight each of the objects that will go into the same list (see 2nd image) using the "Ctrl" key and just make one click in the scan list assignment box to assign them all at one time.

5. There is even a "Select All" option in the Edit drop-down menu.​

Really, the WIN500 programming software is quite user friendly.

Change_Scan_Lists_2.jpg

Change_Scan_Lists_1.jpg

qlajlu

Silent Key
Couldn't open it up using win 500 mabey some wrong with mine double check yours
I didn't have any problem reading his WIN500 file with my WIN500 program. His is zipped so you need to extract it before your WIN500 program can read it.

TheBassman

Thanks qlajlu

That did the trick! took me a few times of going to the "All Objects" tab and filtering just list 10 objects but much, much better than hitting each object.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.