Utah county

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovalscik1

Premium Subscriber
Hi Im new to police scaners. I work in orem utah but I cant get anything on my scanner. my scanner is a pro-164. can some one please help with getting the right frquencies in so i can here the the police

thanks, very much

KF7OQQ

Premium Subscriber
Go to the database and pull up utah then the UCAN section. Look for any sites that say they are in Utah County. Input the Freq. that are colored red and blue. These are the contol channels and thats all the 164 need. You will have to read up on how input them correctly into the correct motorola/Trunk mode and make sure you find out how to change the band plan to rebanded. i would sudgest getting win97(or another program of your choice) to program the scanner and a programming cable if you don't have one. It makes life easier and the program is free for thirty days if you don't like it don't buy it. Since you are a premium member you can download all you need right from the database into your program. This should get you started.

bbrasmussen

I'd start with the Utah County Simulcast Site. The control channel is 852.66250 and the alternates are 853.36250 852.63750.

Since there are so many talkgroups in Utah County, you might find it easier to split them into different scanlists rather than all in one so it's easier to follow what's going on, but that's personal preference.

kovalscik1

Premium Subscriber
thanks

Thank you for the responses, i will try them. I will let you guys know how it goes.

Thanks again,
steve

Status
Not open for further replies.