Utah Freq Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

kharrs

I have been using my BC246t for years. I have been downloading data from RR into FreeScan and ARC246 but am never satisfied with my organization skills. Can someone email me with a copy of your profile and .mem files for ARC246 or the .996 file for FreeScan zipped up. I can send you what I have also.
I want to compare what I am doing with others. Thanks

qlajlu

Silent Key
kharrs, unfortunately I cannot help you in your quest, I just wanted to say, "Welcome back?"

I use the question mark because it is unusual for a long time member to have such a low post count. Where you are located? Of course, that has nothing to do with what you are seeking, but we like to know where people are and I urge you to return to your profile and fill in the location so we won't have to guess. You must be in Utah since you are interested in Utah files.

Seems that this problem has plagued you since you got the scanner. Hang around, keep checking back, and someone on this board will probably have an answer for you. Mostly I just wanted you to know that your post has been seen and it will probably be just a matter of time.

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
I don't think I can help either. I use ARC250 and WINPRO-97 for my radios. I'd be happy to send you the .mem file if you think it will help.

Utah_Viper

Welcome Kharrs,

I don't have that scanner or software so i can't really help. From past discussion in the group each and every person has their own way of programing. How you set up your scanner is really a matter of what you want to hear and how. Some split banks into cities, other into agency types. Others mix and match forming a hybrid. Let us know where your at and what type of things you want to hear and we can maybe work to figure a good scheme for you.

kharrs

Thanks for the replies

I have been experimenting with this for the last 3 1/2 years and enjoy doing so. I always have the feeling that I could do a better job so I was checking with you guys.

I travel from Davis to Salt Lake every week day and travel to Idaho, Montana, or Wyoming for monthly fly fishing trips, so I packed a lot onto the scanner. I have it setup to search Davis County, then Salt Lake County, then misc counties, then State Trooper for the trunked systems. For conventional I have Davis, then everything in RR listed at Statewide conventional. I also have conventional freqs setup for Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming. I added a few groups for common freqs like FRS, SLC Airport, and Questar.

The setup that I just put on the scanner today seems to be doing a good job. Thanks for the quick replies.

bneilson

Premium Subscriber
Welcome - Almost...

Hey jaymatt1978, welcome to our group.

The best bet for most agencies will be the UCAN system and if you are actually going to be iin the Salt Lake valley while here I would recommend Site 3 and Site 11. These two sites will give you great coverage with the primary being site 3.

I have some file for the AR330 if those will help...

jaymatt1978

Hey bneilson,
I'll actually be in the Salt Palace Convention Center. Would you use Site 3 or Site 11 for that area?
Thanks

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
A reminder, these sites are UCAN (7202) sites. And if your at the Salt Palace you will want the SLC Public Service System (AC33) as well.

qlajlu

Silent Key
jaymatt1978 said:
I have the AC33 system as well. Probabbly won't travel too far from Salt Palace.
jaymatt1978, let me ask you if you are simply looking for public service frequencies or are you looking for Salt Palace internal frequencies such as security or operations? I don't know that we have ever identified any frequencies inside the Salt Palace. For police/fire/EMS in the city, then the AC33 TRS is definitely what you want to be listening to if you are going to be staying pretty much "downtown." The UCAN (system 7202) site 3 will give you police/fire/EMS for all the areas surrounding SLC proper.

jaymatt1978

I have the AC33TRS system programmed in already or am doing it slowly but surely. I have the airport stuff in as well as my usual generic business freqs and the ITAC/UTAC/VTAC chanbnels. I am pretty much set. Thanks for the assistance

bneilson

Premium Subscriber
jaymatt1978 said:
...Would you use Site 3 or Site 11 for that area?...

Site 3 will give you the most traffic for the valley. But as mentioned above AC33 will give you the stuff happening in the downtown area.

Some of my favorites on AC33 if they are active are:
3296 0ce A SLC PD Vice1 SLC Police VICE 1 Law Talk
3328 0d0 A SLC PD Vice2 SLC Police VICE 2

Status
Not open for further replies.