Utah Hill on the air

Status
Not open for further replies.

kf7yn

Okay boys & girls, we have a new mystery. Our Washington County member Hooligan informed me Utah Hill is on the air but is showing 2 system IDs, 643E and 7202 Site 03. Many of you will recall 643E was the old SL Co Sheriff & SLC PD/FIre simo system before Sheriff joined UCAN and SLC split off and formed their current system AC33.

I am thinking UCAN used the old site controller that patched the two together with 7202 SL Simo Site 03.

What y'all think?

k7kop

Premium Subscriber
Utah Hill

I am pretty sure Utah Hill is the first site to be put on zone 2. I don't know if this would make a difference. I heard all the sites in Washington County will be transfered to zone 2 in the future.

Hooligan

I'll definitely keep a close ear on UCAN down here, & check out the Site IDs occasionally to see if they change, etc. I think Utah Hill was just put on the air last Wednesday or Thursday -- I heard the techs talking (on their normal talk group) & the one up at whatever site was really concerned about the weather & getting outta there before the dark clouds got closer. Don't know for sure he was at Utah Hill, but the Utah Hill data channel did just materialize on the air sometime last week.

By the way, the UCAN sites down here are now simulcasting the Washington County Sheriff & misc. PD dispatch channel 155.430 (141.3Hz) on talk group 30720.

The only other locally-originating traffic I'm hearing is 30464 -- UHP Cedar, Virgin Area.

Tim

Rsmims

I'll definitely keep a close ear on UCAN down here, & check out the Site IDs occasionally to see if they change, etc. I think Utah Hill was just put on the air last Wednesday or Thursday -- I heard the techs talking (on their normal talk group) & the one up at whatever site was really concerned about the weather & getting outta there before the dark clouds got closer. Don't know for sure he was at Utah Hill, but the Utah Hill data channel did just materialize on the air sometime last week.

By the way, the UCAN sites down here are now simulcasting the Washington County Sheriff & misc. PD dispatch channel 155.430 (141.3Hz) on talk group 30720.

The only other locally-originating traffic I'm hearing is 30464 -- UHP Cedar, Virgin Area.

Tim

Hi guys,
I'm the guy that is putting up all the feeds here in Washington county. So do does this mean that the Sheriff and PD will be switching to Trunked systems soon , forcing me to buy all new equipment?

kf7yn

Yep they will be switching over soon but will probably simulcast on VHF & 800 MHz for awhile. You'll need a trunking scanner sooner or later, make sure it is reband capable, any old trunked scanner won't do. I also suggest P25 digital capable, St George PD uses both analog and digital.

Hooligan

Tim

I dunno if I made a stupid mistake, or if they changed things (probably the former!), but as of today, TG 30720
is simulcasting St George PD1 (155.670MHz), not the SO's 155.430MHz dispatch channel, and it's only on the Webb Hill site, not also Toquerville HIll or Utah Hill.

Tim

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
Washington County UCAN

Good work guys. Be sure to submit the new sites and TGs once you are reasonably confident about them so I can add them to the DB.

-Tim

radioprescott

Premium Subscriber
I am visitng Zion and wil be based out of Kanab for the next 3 days, and was wondering if you could share the Webb Hill, Utah Hill and Torquerville site information. I can't seem to locate the sites in the Utah RR DB by those names.

Thanks!

I dunno if I made a stupid mistake, or if they changed things (probably the former!), but as of today, TG 30720
is simulcasting St George PD1 (155.670MHz), not the SO's 155.430MHz dispatch channel, and it's only on the Webb Hill site, not also Toquerville HIll or Utah Hill.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.