UTAH JAIL FREQ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrlthse

GREETING,
In the greater Davis county area of Utah there is a radio system with the callsign of WPMX952 with two freqs assigned,
I have copied traffic on 854.9875, However was interested to hear if anyone has copied traffic on the secondary freq of 855.9875
I would say it is reserved for emergency traffic of public safety nature, However would be nice to hear some confirmation.

Premium Subscriber
I must be out of range, I am not picking up anything on either frequency.

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
854.9875 = is the output of the Davis Co SO Repeater #2 (809.9875-in). There where/are 3 repeaters assigned to Davis Co SO. This one is used by the Sheriffs Office Jail for internal comms. I've never understood why they use a repeater, and not simplex.
855.9875 = is the output of the Davis Co Repeater #1 (810.9875-in).
Murray would most likely be a stretch to hear.

mrlthse

854.9875 = is the output of the Davis Co SO Repeater #2 (809.9875-in). There where/are 3 repeaters assigned to Davis Co SO. This one is used by the Sheriffs Office Jail for internal comms. I've never understood why they use a repeater, and not simplex.
Hi gary,
I don't copy the output freqs on my radio that well, (low Power) so I rarely know them.
Where did you see three freqs, (is one the input) othwise, Yes I agree the 854 is an internal inside use of the davis Jail, (where our club meeetings at), The one I never hear is the 855 freq, I would like you Sir, To help me identify that one its use, and then there is one more I'll post later today listed as "Special OPeration" I would like to know is that a "swat or stake out style" freq or what.

mrlthse

I must be out of range, I am not picking up anything on either frequency.
Yes, Most like , You could be out of range,
If interested in helping identify the 855 freq, try listening when you are in the Farmington, UT area.

GlobalNorth

Premium Subscriber
With the amount of metal in modern jails, RF signals can have issues saturating a building. Low power repeaters can resolve this.

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
I have not heard any use of the 855 channel/freq/repeater. It may be unused, out of commission (broke), or only for use during a large scale disaster. It could be it hasn't been used in so long a time, "they" no longer know about it. The SO had a change of personnel a while back, and A LOT of institutional knowledge went out the door. I keep these (and many others) programmed in a couple radios, on a "just in case" basis.
I'm not sure where the repeater is really located, but i can clearly hear it in the basement of my home in Bountiful, using an HT with rubber duck antenna.

ranger2004

With the amount of metal in modern jails, RF signals can have issues saturating a building. Low power repeaters can resolve this.

Jails do transportation to/and from court, other jails, prisons etc. most of the traffic in theUtah county jail is transportation during weekdays. At night “control” opens/closes doors. So a lot of one way traffic. “Alpine two to release” or “Timp 1 for nurse”.
not to exciting

BP

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
About a week after this was posted, they have gone away. I kinda feared that would happen.

mrlthse

I only seen two frequency listed to the Davis SO.
Never hear of the third freq,
Most have been before I started my research project.
I just wanted to know the status / purpose of the 855 freq.
I've never copied it from my Ham shack in Layton, UT

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
The 855 freq was on "a list" at one time. What list, I don't remember; when, I don't remember. But, at one time, it was, so,,,,,,, I keep it on my list. Maybe one day it will be used, or maybe not.
After a while, you will catch on that, what is official,,, is not always real. and what is real, really isn't official.

mrlthse

Ya know what amazes me is that at my Ham shack (Layton, UT) I can pick up Salt Lake UHP,
on The (Davis County) Francis Peak Repeater with more clariety than I can on the (Salt lake / Tooele county) Nelson Peak site.
This is what is so fun about doing the FCC research and just plugging all the information your radio can handle into it and seeing what happens.
What a great Hobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.