Utah Police Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxslayer

Hello all. I would like to purchase a scanner that is able to monitor the majority of the Davis County emergency networks. Police, Fire, etc. I'm looking at buying the Uniden BCD325P2 Handheld TrunkTracker V Scanner. Will this scanner have the capability to pick up these truncated channels? Anyone with experience scanning these channels know if I should be able to pick most of these up without any problem?

m00se

That scanner will work. All of Davis co and most of the state is on a single trunked system called UCA. It's a Motorola Type II SmartZone Omnilink system, compatible with the scanner you want.

foxslayer

That scanner will work. All of Davis co and most of the state is on a single trunked system called UCA. It's a Motorola Type II SmartZone Omnilink system, compatible with the scanner you want.

Very cool, that is good to know. I actually went with the next model up BCD436HP. Supposedly I can plugin the zip code and find the truncated systems. Do you have any experience with finding this system to listen to? Should it be pretty easy to find with the scanning capabilities or are there some tips and tricks that people should know to be able to listen?

kc7rhw

Premium Subscriber
radio scanner

I have a whistler 1065 it works every where in utah and the denver metro area as well
it will not work on provoice or xtdma systems but works in utah and new mexico and tx

m00se

Very cool, that is good to know. I actually went with the next model up BCD436HP. Supposedly I can plugin the zip code and find the truncated systems. Do you have any experience with finding this system to listen to? Should it be pretty easy to find with the scanning capabilities or are there some tips and tricks that people should know to be able to listen?

It looks as easy as putting in your zip code and selecting the UCA system.

kc7rhw

Premium Subscriber
the whistler scanner 1065 dose not have zip code scanning i program it from a computer
i have no experience with zip code programming

Status
Not open for further replies.