Utah State Parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
Lake Powell area

liftedtacoma4x said:
Anyone know what frequency the Utah State Parks Rangers use on Lake Powell?
I doubt Utah State Park Rangers would be on Lake Powell since it's all federal land. Glen Canyon National Recreation Area has several repeaters on 171.625.

As mentioned in the Utah Hams thread, please listen for traffic on 159.790 and 163.000 and get the tones if you can. I also heard some traffic at the dam site around 162-163.000 but my scanner moved on begore I grabbed it. I'd really like to nail that area down better, so thanks for any help you can provide.

-Tim

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
liftedtacoma4x said:
I have seen Utah State parks out there. They probably help the park service cover the lake.
Interesting. You might listen for Utah SRS repeaters in the area, such as the Copper Ridge SRS on 151.040 MHz. See the link to the state map on that page. The DNR simplex frequency is 155.775 MHz.

-Tim

Hooligan

Well except for the little problem that the FCC database doesn't include federal allocations ... :wink:

-Tim

Oops! Sorry, forgot we were talking about a federal operation.

I'm only about a 150 minute drive from Lake Powell/Glen Canyon NRA at home, and I'm in Kanab (about 60 miles away from lake Powell) once a week, so I'm mad at myself for never having made it over to Lake Powell yet.

But it doesn't seem like it'd be too hard to find some sort of federal UHF link *assuming that's how they do it* with one or more of the VHF Marine Band channels if you're in the area.

xrboys

Lake Powell

I am programming a new scanner (BC346) and want to set up a system just for Lake Powell.
I saw this thread and wondered if anybody has made progress on this.
I interested in Utah State Parks (which are there), National Park Rangers (it's a National Rec Area) freqs/info.
I did find some Aramark & Offshore Marina freqs on the FCC License Report for Kane County, UT on RR.
Thanks for any help on this.

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
Lake Powell area

For Lake Powell be sure to check the Glen Canyon National Recreation Area listings at http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=4160. Those are current as far as I know.

Most Utah state parks seem to use 155.775 (210.7 PL) simplex, but some may use the shared repeaters listed at http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=4023.

-Tim

I am programming a new scanner (BC346) and want to set up a system just for Lake Powell.
I saw this thread and wondered if anybody has made progress on this.
I interested in Utah State Parks (which are there), National Park Rangers (it's a National Rec Area) freqs/info.
I did find some Aramark & Offshore Marina freqs on the FCC License Report for Kane County, UT on RR.
Thanks for any help on this.

xrboys

I'll do it. If I find anything I'll report back.
Thanks again.
If anyone has a sec, help me with the 'site' set up question I asked earlier.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
The 2A and 3A Units often talk to the UHP Dispatch Channel as well as The Local Fire Center for the Forest Service and BLM.. Further north i have searched UHF band for use with federal, they used to use them but the last 3 years have not picked up much in UHF, Mostly from 408- 417 Mhz area.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
I have a 396t and xt that is very simular to the 346t/xt's u must set sites on groups or easier to download just sites in your area.. if i was physically there i'd help more but i'm too far away, i dont know how better to explain it, im better at just doing it.....

SCPD

QRT
I have seen Utah State parks out there. They probably help the park service cover the lake.

If this is the case then they are probably using the National Park Service net. Why would any communications facilities be installed for Utah State Park communications when there are no state parks within the Glen Canyon NRA?

Are you sure you saw state park personnel and not the Utah State Division of Wildlife Resources? This is more likely as Lake Powell is a concurrent jurisdiction between the state and the feds.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Just fyi since these fires a lot of frequencies have popped up.. I will be updating soon some are for seeley fire and some are the ones for the church camp fire..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.