Utah (UCAN) Trunking Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I am going to be traveling to Utah next month and I want to be-able to listen to the UCAN Trunking system and I was wondering since they are either in the process of rebanding or they are done if I am going to have to make any changes to my Undine 396XT scanner? I have the latest firmware upgrade which is 1.08.14. Can I just import the whole trunking system using the ARC XT software and have any problems.

Thanks for any feedback

bneilson

Premium Subscriber
We have fully re-banded and in fact we were one of the first system in the nation to go throught it.

The "custom band-plan" that you need is listed in this post (CLICK HERE)

I am not familiar with your scanner, so I am not sure on how to actually program it, or event if it is capable...

LGLHOOK

like bneilson, I don't know how your scanner is programmed. However according to the RR Wiki, it is reband capable so you should be able to import it as long as you change the band plan you should be able to scan it properly.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Note that the band plan listed in the provided link includes unnecessary entries (at least, they are not necessary for the Uniden models).

I think that ARC-XT will take care of the band plans for you, but if it does not, be sure to select 800 Custom as the site types and use the band plan info at the bottom of the page at:

BCD396TFirmwareUpdate < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

(Yes, I know that is a different model, but the band plan is the same and it was the quickest link I could think of offhand.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.