• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Tytera UV-MD380 stuck on splash screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeslaughter

Tried to install the firmware to allow promiscuous mode and the attempt failed. The radio would not come out of programming mode. Went to the TYT website and tried to install the factory firmware. The radio is now stuck on the splash screen. I loaded the "default code plug" but this did not help. Tried the GPS version of the software and got the same result. I'm at a loss as to where to go from here. I think I have the non-GPS version. I suspect if I had the correct firmware it would work. The loader seems to work okay. Suggestions?

jeslaughter

Yes I put it into programming mode and got the light to flash red and green. The programming process seemed to work normally. I suspect I just have the wrong combination of hardware and firmware.
John

Ubbe

There are different firmwares needed for different versions of the MD380 as the hardware are different. You can never brick a MD380 so just try different firmwares until it works.

/Ubbe

jeslaughter

Update. Contacted TYT and they were gracious enough to provide me the correct firmware after some back and forth figuring out what I had. Radio is now working again. Thanks to everyone who chimed in.

Status
Not open for further replies.