Uwharrie area

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
So did some digging. Not a lot came up in the searches. I think i found 2 frequencies for USFS, but not a lot about HAM or GMRS. Anyone have any more up to date info for that area ? Planning a trip in October and would like to get my radios programmed up prior.

RF-Burns

That is a pretty rural area of the state. Some counties use viper and some use VHF/UHF. The database is current so that should help you program your radios for that area.

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
If you're a ham 147.090 +600 100pl and 442.200 +5 100pl work well out that way. You'll sometimes hear some boat traffic on vhf marine. For local emergency services, Randolph, Davidson, and Montgomery are on viper. Not sure on Stanly. CB channel 4 if you're wheeling, and the scattered gmrs/frs and murs users. If someone knows of any gmrs repeaters out that way that work half decent please chime in. I've yet to find one.

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
Main interest was the USFS and ham/gmrs. I'll add the 147.090 repeater in my mobile. I'll be running APRS and on GMRS also. I did locate a GMRS repeater (old listing) for 462.725 but that was in some 2015 info so not sure its still up and on the air. Guess i'll find out. Prolly throw viper in my unication in case i want to listen.

KN4HTC

Where did you find the GMRS repeater info? I'll see if I can confirm it for you.

I'll confirm three ham repeaters in Stanly county for you later today! I'll add them to the database afterwards as well.

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
I rarely hear usfs or ncfs when I'm out that way. State game wardens are on viper and you'll hear them occasionally.

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
Where did you find the GMRS repeater info? I'll see if I can confirm it for you.

I'll confirm three ham repeaters in Stanly county for you later today! I'll add them to the database afterwards as well.

Thanks. The GMRS repeater was an old listing from MYMGRS repeater listings I had printed in the past. I emails the guy on file but doubt i'll hear back from him. My motorhome has a GMRS repeater that normally works good in the campgrounds but is not intended for a large area like i plan to be in.

KN4HTC

I completely forgot about it when I was in the area earlier, I should be down there againn soon and can confirm then.

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
When using a mobile down that way I could hit the prn repeater in southern pines so it may be one to look at too. I do recall the wing it machine having a pretty good footprint though. Haven't been on prn in a while as coverage at my house is really hit or miss.

spacellamaman

I have talked with Stanly County hams on the NCPRN DMR ncprn.org network where they were using the Wingate repeater. Not sure how good the coverage will be in the Uwharries though. Also the K4DVA repeater at Morrow Mtn S.P. is up Albemarle, Morrow Mountain State Park 443.52500 K4DVA North Carolina Repeater, at least the last time I was in Stanly County
yeah that thing can really take the fun outta scanning sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.